Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Is this normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this normal?
runnerchik
Neophyte
Member # 2280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for runnerchik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey yall! Well- I'm a new person here, and I have a strange question. Here goes...My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for a few months. I am petite and he he is a big guy(if you know what I mean). When I lift my legs up, sometimes he will go in so far that it hurts. I feel as though my insides are moving. Also, I can feel the pain almost to my chest. Is it just my body getting used to his size?
Runnerchik <><

Posts: 3 | From: college station, tx usa | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's his penis hitting your cervix. It hurts, but it's normal enough, and just means you should maybe try another position.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that's defineatly the cervix ...

Not fun is it? It's really sensitive b/c it's not used to being touched ... nevermind hit and wacked around a bit

You can change positions (as Milke suggested), or you can just tell your bf what's going on (maybe tell him what it is that's causing you the pain) and ask that he try not to go in too far.

Communication, communication, communication!!

~ Smurfie

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'know the old joke that goes:
patient: doctor, it hurts when i do this.
doctor: then don't do that.

it's true. if one position proves to be painful, then don't do it. find a different position (we can't be specific because of legal mumbo jumbo). ask your guy not to penetrate too deeply. if it hurts, then yelp in pain. he might just get the hint.

and yep, i agree with the others, it's most likely the cervix getting bumped around.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to contest, but I don't think the cervix is really that sensitive, otherwise tampons would chafe like crazy, right? I think that when the cervix is hit, it pushes the uterus, which pushes the stomach or whatever, which pushes on the lungs or something, etc. Which explains why she can feel up higher up.

But I agree with the advice.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
runnerchik
Neophyte
Member # 2280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for runnerchik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for ya'lls replys! I do tell him when it hurts and he stops going so deep immediantly.
Runnerchik <><

Posts: 3 | From: college station, tx usa | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do be sure to bring this up the next time you see your gynecologist however (and if you're sexually active and you don't have one, you need to start seeing one at least annually).

All in all, the size of your body only affects the size of your genitals so much. However, if your partners penis is larger than say, seven or eight inches erect, deep penetration may be uncomfortable because that is larger than the length of the average vaginal canal, regardless of your body size.

But there is a difference between discomfort and succint pain. if what you are feeling is definately pain or sharp pain, it's important you see your GYN to make sure you're well. Sharp pain in the abdomen during sexual intercourse is NOT normal, nor is is simply from "fit" issues.

As an aside, you should be able to move your cervix around and touch it comfortably. It can feel a bit weird, but it should NOT hurt. If it does, you need to see your GYN.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.