Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Most fertile days?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most fertile days?
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mother and I have been discussing a lot about sex lately. And one thing that we cannot seem to agree on is fertility. I know that it is possible to get pregnant any day of the month, but arent there a few days where there is an increased chance? What are those days? My mother on the other hand believes you can ONLY get pregnant about 5 days of the month. She also states that those are the 5 days AFTER your period ends. Her reason for saying this is a college sexuality class, and her and my father had sex all during the month without a condom except for those 5 days and she never got pregnant.
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your mother may be right about SOME fertility cycles or her own.

In general, women are MOST likely to get pregnant within about six days of ovulation(in either direction), which most typically occurs between the tenth and fifteenth of a woman's cycle (most typically, but nothing close to always -- individual cycles vary). So, it is MOST likely for a woman to get pregnant from five to six days BEFORE the day of ovulation through a few days after ovulation, as sperm can live in the vagina for about six days.

The first day of our period is day one of your cycle.

Why argue? You and Mom can always just high-tail it to the library and look it up in a book published in the last ten years.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here's a post from a while back.

i just didn't want to repost my reply 'cause it was kinda long. good responses from everybnody in there, too.

Someday, I will have a sexy car...a!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.