Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Getting rid of hymen WITHOUT bleeding and lots of pain....????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting rid of hymen WITHOUT bleeding and lots of pain....????
magnaskin
Neophyte
Member # 2165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnaskin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I was wondering how I could get rid of my hymen without massive amounts of pain and bleeding and also how to make it so that my vagina is not so narrow, which my boyfriend and I have noticed... (he couldn't get his penis in AT ALL and when he tried, it hurt)... Any exercises I should try? I was thinking practicing using a tampon since I've never worn a tampon in all my seven years of being able to menstruate (I am 18).
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If, like about one in every few thousand women, you have a hymen which is fully attached and has NO perforations (and thus, you have no menstrual flow) you need to see your GYN about a very minor surgical operation.

If, on the other hand, that is not the case, it is truly not an issue of life or death. Have you had injuries in your life at all? Surgeries, bad headaches, anything? Because I assure you that getting a second-degree burn, or having an awful migraine hurts a lot worse than having the hymen stretched. Really. Perspective is our friend.

Some women experience pain and bledding when they hymen is stretched. It happens, you'll live. Billions of women throughout history have. I assure you, you won't be an exception.

Have plenty of foreplay, and take your time. Doing other sexual activities frist, like gentle stretching of the vaginal opening with fingers over a period of time makes a lot of difference, and not just in terms of your hymen.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I had sexual intercorse and manuel I didnt bleed, but that might be cuz when I was six years old, I fell on a metal garbage can and I broke my hymen. Dont ask how I did it, you know how us little kid are, doing weird thing and hurting themslef all the time. But is it because I already "broke" my hymen that I didnt bleed? I mean it happend 10 years before I had intercourse for the first time.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, not neccessarily. Women with hymens intact or partially intact can have penetrative sex without bleeding, also.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first time for me hurt and I bled, but it couldn't have been that bad because I did it again the next day! I'd recommend lots of foreplay, using lube (and condoms of course!), and simply relaxing. The first time I had sex I remember thinking that my boyfriend penis wouldn't fit either, but guess what? It does! It definitely does! Just relax all your muscles and make sure you're really aroused before he penetrates you. And if none of that works, maybe you just aren't as ready as you think you are for sex.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiAMicHiCk127
Neophyte
Member # 2194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiAMicHiCk127     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question that sort of pertains to this topic. I looked at the pictures of hymens you have somewhere on the site and I looked at mine and I'm 90 percent sure it's broken. I was a dancer for about 3 years, I masturbate (I've placed my entire index finger in the hole, sorry to be so graphic) and I've used tampons a few times before (although I found them a big uncomfortable when they were inside me) and finally I've been fingered. However, it seems to me that even though my hymen is broken I cannot understand for the life of me how a penis will be able to penetrate me at all! Even when I'm completely aroused and lubricated I can only put one finger in there and so I was wondering if someone could tell me how I can stretch the hole? I'm just very confused. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by MiAMicHiCk127 (edited 12-26-2000).]

Posts: 1 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The vagina is made of incredible elastic tissues. Most of the time it's small enough that it almost may as well not be there, but it's also capable of expanding enough to let a baby pass through it -- and as someone who comes from a family with a history of 8-11 lb infants, I am still sometimes shocked by that. You need to bear in mind that states of arousal can vary, and while sometimes it seems as though you're not big enough for much more than a tampon, there might be times when you could take most of your own hand (not saying that you need to try it, just that's it's likely possible). Unless you've actually had reconstructive surgery on your genitals, there's no reason you should even worry about stretching your vaginal opening.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nas490
Neophyte
Member # 95211

Icon 5 posted      Profile for nas490     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. So I have noticed that sex has become painful and I also noticed I have a "flap" of extra skin on the outer area of the right side of my vagina. It goes from the front all the way down. Is it hymen? Or something else? How to I fix it? What can I do?

--------------------
"//\\"

Posts: 2 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nas, can you please start a topic of your own? You can do so by clicking on the "New Topic" button at the top right or bottom left of this pate. That makes it easier for us to keep track of who's asking what.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.