Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pretty painful

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pretty painful
StarlitNight007
Activist
Member # 1902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitNight007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alright, this is just slightly embarrassing to say, but i wanted to see if there was anything that could make this problem heal faster, so i can go back to sitting comfortably. i have a pair of underwear with a zipper on them. i have a boyfriend who wasn't paying enough attention when he zipped them back up. let's just say that i know how guys feel when they accidentally zip themselves in. it was bleeding a bit, but that's stopped. just wondering what i should use to alleviate some of the pain. heat? ice? i don't know... thanks.
Posts: 59 | From: Mountaintop | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have zippers on underwear?! Geez what will they come up w/ next!?

Well first of all, i would suggest ice. I don't like heat on any open cuts or anything b/c it just doesn't feel good to me. It might get inflammed or something cuz sometimes cuts like to do that, and the ice should take a bit of the swelling down. Be careful to make sure that area is clean b/c an infection there would be really bad ... believe me Good luck!

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A cold compress or ice wrapped in a washcloth or towel will help bring the swelling down and help reduce the pain. Otherwise, take aspirin, ibuprofen, or something similar, keep your hands off of it except to wash it once a day (we often infect our own cuts/scrapes by touching them), keep it dry, and leave it alone. It should, like any other minor cut or abrasion, heal up pretty quickly.

Small consolation: because they are so rich with blood vessels, the genitals and genital area usually heal very quickly from small cuts and such. Give it a couple of days and you should be back to normal.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. And I thought thongs were a technological wonder...

But, you may not want to get it in you, but i find Neosporin to be very helpful and soothing in times of need.

------------------
Yeah, well I'VE got blood dripping out of a hole between my legs, do YOU?!?
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shygurl
Activist
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shygurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly did you zip up? (cringes)
Posts: 47 | From: BFE | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarlitNight007
Activist
Member # 1902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitNight007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i ended up zipping in a very tender area of flesh...i'm still cringing.
Posts: 59 | From: Mountaintop | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all the more reason not to wear novelty underwear.

wear loose, breathable clothing. it'll heal better.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if this is prying, but you didn't zip THAT, did you?

If so, you have gone through pain that no man has ever gone through.

Did you get the SCHZIK?

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeeow....

i'd recommend bactine. use a make-up pad or cotton ball, and just apply to the affected area.

It might sting a bit initially, but it's got anaesthetic properties...it'll make you feel lots better

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.