Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pubic hair...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pubic hair...
sweetstuff38
Neophyte
Member # 163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetstuff38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my pubic hair is really really dry, and i cant get it soft1 what can do? i try conditioner and everything. i s this normal>
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pubic hair is coarser and more rough than the hair on your head and the rest of your body.

That is simply its natural texture.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, if you look closely, pubuc hair's flat, which is one of the reasons it feels so coarse. And I knew a few people who condition theirs; it's probably safe enough, but just doesn't seem worth the effort to me, and if you're sensitive there at all, well . . .
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just gotta say it:

If you're worried about something as minute as the texture of your pubic hair, you're worrying too much about the superficial aspects of your body, really.
You might either want to use some of that extra time you have for worrying about this sort of thing for something meaningful (like volunteering at your local rape crisis or teen intervention center), or simply recognize that all of you really is okay, just like you are, and be thankful you don't have bigger worries.

Preferably both.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Milke, what do you mean it's "flat"?

Hey, we all get vain sometimes. Shampoo and conditioner is really all ya need. Whatever works for the hair on your head. But the pubes are a lot coarser.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you look closely, the hairs are flat, wider than the standard stuff, sort of like spaghetti vs. linguine.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

More like fettuccini as opposed to capellini.

Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<--- knows nothing about Italian food

Help?

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can volunteer at a rape or crisis center??? that would be nice i want to help people and i would love to do that. i am about to get a job working with the mentally disabled.

sorry im off the subject

------------------
fairykoger@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

Does anyone remember the original question? hehe

I would love to volunteer my time too ... I actually used to do it a lot, at the animal clinic around here. Somehow i just got out of it ... maybe i'll go back in eventually

Now back to pubic hair ... Mine is really rough too!! It almost feels like steel wool hehe Is that why it hurts so much after you shave and let it grow back in? Geez ... Steel wool in your gotchies is NOT my idea of fun

~ Smurfy (who is extremely bored on her day off from school cuz i'm too lazy to walk the 15mins ... even tho i'm gonna get in s*** for missing volleyball practice ... cuz i'm not really sick *sigh* I think this calls for a nap!! lol)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Yep, you can volunteer at a rape crisis center, and crisis centers always need more volunteers.

There is often a certain criteria volunteers need to meet (at some it's having them be sure you have no police records, at others they'll just want to be sure you're mentally stable and really up to helping in a crisis, etc.). The great thing is, volunteer jobs like that provide you the training for free, which is priceless.

The best thing to do is simply to look in your phone book under womens services, then call a few centers, tell them what you're interested in doing, and ask if they have volunteer opportunities.

They'll be grateful you called.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.