Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Alchohol and High-Risk Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alchohol and High-Risk Sex
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just on a news roll this morning, I tell you. But it's all so good today!

In any event, this studies findings verify what we've also been saying all along, with a little twist: even a partner who has NOT consumed alchohol can be effected by one who has.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I don't really have any experience with the sexual side of this really, but I do completely agree with the Dr. who said that if a guy was going to drink don't go out with him, or negotiate stuff ahead of time. Drinking is kinda a touchy subject for me because my sister was almost killed last year when the car she was in got hit by a guy who's blood alchohol was more than twice the legal limit. The guy I went out with this summer was 21, so he could drink (I'm 19, so I can't, even if I wanted to), and I told him up front that if he was going to have one drink, that was fine but I was driving. And that if he had any more than that, then I was going home, not only because of the driving thing, but also because I didn't want anything to happen that we both weren't consenting to when we were completely in our right minds. And he said that he had a great deal of respect for me because I was so upfront about it.

"If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile."
~Lynda Barry

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't drink around guys, that's just how I am because I know when I drink I get very touchy and I don't want to be around guys when I'm like that. Even if I was with a guy who I knew wouldn't take advantage of me, when you're drunk you don't think about that kind of stuff. Not that I've done that much sexual stuff with guys anyway, but I know this way I won't do stuff and not remember it the next morning with a "I got drunk last night and I found a broken condom next to me when I broke up" story on Scarleteen.

And I wouldn't do anything sexual with a drunk partner for the same reason. I don't want him/her to wake up not knowing what happened or regretting it.

I'm so sexy it's almost evil

"...a ready supply of playdough that anyone can create the stuff of their dreams from" - Mz S

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to a college student, not a big surprise, more of an ugly reality.

usually i don't have sex when i drink because i'm usually in a bad mood (alcohol makes me cranky). but the times i have, i never failed to use protection.

Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktbee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, for me i actually feel like i am taking advantage of a guy if he is really drunk and i am not, even when its just kissing. its just not right if one person is not completely clear headed when thinking about any type of sexual activity
Posts: 6 | From: ny | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not surprised by the findings of this study either....I remember that when I started drinking (the legal age over here is 16) or being around guys who were drinking, I often got myself into very dangerous situations with guys....something against my nature and something I'd never ever do these days.

Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head....Alaska’s OpenDiary

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was at uni, a friend of mine would get dangly-drunk every time we went out. She'd get so bad she'd be hanging off people.

She was ok, though, because she was with friends she could trust. There were several largeish guys there who weren't going to let her go home with a stranger - even if she wanted to.

The moral of the story is, if you want to get drunk, make sure you're with someone to take care of you.

"A woman's body is made up of three parts: her head, her elbows, and some other bits.
Now, class...lets move on to algebra."

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.