Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Masturbation question??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation question??
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoRoseXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I was just wondering why dont girls ever admit that they masturbate i mean i know some girls do but none of the girls at my school do and i dont want to tell them i do b/c then like the whole school will find out and they will think im nasty im serious some girl at my school told some other girl and the whole school found out and now she has no friends and everyone thinks she is nasty...I kinda wanna talk to my friends about it but i dont what that to happen to me...Do the girls at Ur guys school tell eachother they Masturbate??
Posts: 59 | From: indian trail | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Short&Sweet813
Neophyte
Member # 1777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Short&Sweet813     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at my high school, not many people talk about masturbating. But I'm sure a high percentage of the girls do . Just because the girls don't talk about it, doesn't mean that they don't do it. If you feel that if you talk to your friends about this, they'll tell everyone, then what kind of friends are they anyways?
Posts: 33 | From: Niagara Falls, New York | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoupPrincess
Activist
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most girls don't talk about masturbation because it is something private. I can't really remember any guys I know talking about masturbation either. Wether we like it or not, masturbation is just something that most people dont feel comfortable discussing. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, some things are better kept private.
Posts: 47 | From: Bloomington IL (the boringest place on earth) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoRoseXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah I know what U mean about the whole friends thing but u dont know my friends...

well thanks 4 responding
*-*Rose*-*

Posts: 59 | From: indian trail | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
soup, that's absolutely true...but I HAVE heard GUYS talk about it. They were all veeery open about it to say the least.

------------------
http://beam.to/anode2ryan *My Ryan Page*
"Don't go in the teepee without a condom on your peepee"~Dumb & Dumber

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys here are very open about it too, but soup is right, its something private you do by yourself, seeing what feels the best to you, getting to know yourself, its not something you should go around telling everyone, unless you feel like it.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No not really. One day I was having a nice conv with my 16 y/o friend who has never had an orgasm and I was like, "you've never even had one even when you..." and she was like, "no, not even..whoa! i'm *not* talking about this" and that's basically the attitude. One day in a game of 'questions' I know that all my friends do it but we don't ever really talk about it.

But in the same token guys don't really talk about it either. Hmmm, I think basically it's a girl can talk to a guy about it and vice versa but people think it's just weird to talk abotu it with the same sex. Me? I'm game for anything and anyone, if someone asks what's the purpose in lying?

As for your school and everything, that's just lame. The only reason why she was shunned (ooh, vocab word!) is because everyone's afraid if they say "chill out" then the school will think they do it too and the circle never ends.

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh Pixie has chosen the word of the day ... say it w/ me guys ... SHUNNED ... teehee

Hmm ... well i've always been pretty open about it i think. I only have two friends that i can talk about it too, and my boyfriend. I think that's pretty good hmm? Considering some people refuse to talk about it at all. It's not a crime or anything (it's normal) but it's just not something people talk about. However, i think guys are more likely to talk about masturbation than girls. That's what i've seen anyway ... For them it's ok, but for us (girls) it's not. I smell a double standard coming on ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.