Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » ovulation!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ovulation!!!!!!!
bagozep
Neophyte
Member # 1825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bagozep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that one of the common signs that appers with ovulation is
the cervical mucus. Is it common to still have this mucus even though
u r taking the pill in order not to gte pregnant????????

Plz answer to me a.s.a.p
I 'm in dispair

Posts: 1 | From: garden city, new york , usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You vagina is going to lubricate itself in cycles so long as you're healthy. Sometimes, side effects of medications or diets or illnesses may cause there to be less normal vaginal lubrication, but that's not a good thing.

We always advise, here at Scarleteen, to use a condom if you;re using the pill. Not only does it make for a nearly foolproof birth control method, it iffers the vital STD and STI protection that the pill does not, and which is necessary for your health and well-being.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you're in despair? take it up with kierkegaard, read some 'sickness unto death'

now, as Miz S said, use a condom! it's not that hard, it isn't uncomfortable, and it's not too small. besides, sex takes longer with a condom -- no wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

as for cervical mucus, i just had a test on this, so i'm gonna regurgitate all the stuff i learned about it.

birth control pills suppress luteinizing hormone, the hormone that triggers ovulation. it also makes the mucus really sticky. those are the two ways the Pill works to stop pregnancy.

but y'know what? it doesn't stop disease, so you might not be eating for two 6 months down the line, but you might have a nasty rotting, festering, gooey, putrid, smelly infection in your nether-regions thatm ight never be cured if you do not properly apply a condom.

have a nice, and SAFE, day

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.