Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Fantasizing about SEX

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fantasizing about SEX
zebgirl
Activist
Member # 54

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zebgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it normal to fantasize about sex during the day? I've noticed that I have been fantasizing alot when I'm at school. Does anyone else do this? and if so, How often does it happen? I once heard that guys think about it every so many seconds ?? but I was wondering what is normal for a girl?
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just as normal for us as them, pet. And thinking about it during the day is common enough, might just mean you've got dull classes.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll agree about the boring classes thing. I notice my mind tends to wander that direction sometimes, and it's usually in one of the classes that I'm struggling diligently to stay awake in! Like an hour and fifteen minutes worth of physics lecture, that's just too long to be sitting still...sorry, got a bit off the subject there! Anyway, I'm thinking it's completely normal.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile."
~Lynda Barry

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have block scheduling (meaning three classes a day, two hours each) yikes! Y'know, just like everything else it varies from person to person (and class to class, lol). I consider myself a very sexually charged person (I masterbate a healthy amount and I can turn almost anything into a sexual thing when I want to) but I don't really fantasize that much (outside of masterbation). Then again I've had three, count 'em three sexual dreams in the past five years.

So it varies...

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone fantsizes, male and female. Especially when you're bored. I know that if I'm in a boring movie, class or situation one of the things my mind sometimes turns to is sex. I'm not saying that's all I think about, but there are times when it's nice to fantasize. There's nothing abnormal about it! If there was, then most of the population would be 'abnormal'. Just enjoy
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fantasize [SEX] about sex, on occasion. [HOT MONKEY LOVE!] Everyone does - even nuns, I'd assume! [OOOH...ORAL SEX...]

If you agree with [WOW I WANT SOME SEX!] the theory of evolution, we each - [MMMM...SEX] individually - exist purely to procreate and die. Is it any wonder that our desire for [THISGUY NEEDS SOME LOVIN'!] sex is nearly as overpowering as our instinct for self-preservation? [SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX!]

Errrrm....I probably should drop the subtitles and protect you all from glimpsing my twisted psyche.

Look at the word itself - "sex". Its monosyllabic. All of the words that are that short are important. "I", "you", "food", "home", even "war"...they all have a significant role in our development as a species.

------------------
ThIs Is AnNoYiNg!!!!!!
8u+ +H1z 1Z R3311Y r3311y @nN0y1nG!!!!!!!!

You vil use ze condoms, or ve vil use ze hot poker!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thisguy, you crack me up!

anyway, thinking about sex during class. oh, heck yeah!!! i just had a midterm in my human repro class (and it kicked my butt!!!), and i studied so hard that the other day, i took a nap and was awakened when i started dreaming about a giant anatomical drawing of the vulva -- an i mentally started labelling all the parts!

then last night, in lab, i fertilized some sea urchin eggs under a microscope, and go figure the dumb li'l buggers wouldn't go near the eggs!!! they did eventually, and i watched the zygote undergo mitotic divisions. i love my work too much!!!

uhh, that didn't sound much like fantasizing in class, though, it sounded more like i study too much. oh cripes, i'm a nerd.

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Short&Sweet813
Neophyte
Member # 1777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Short&Sweet813     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that it's just as normal for a girl to fantasize about sex as it is for a guy. The other day I almost fell asleep in class, and all of a sudden I was fantasizing about sex. I wasn't even thinking about this kinda thing, and all of a sudden I woke up and couldn't get it outta my head. Guess that means I want sex. Bad me!
Posts: 33 | From: Niagara Falls, New York | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zootie
Neophyte
Member # 1849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zootie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::Hangs her head:: I think sometimes I am worse about my hubby in fantasizing, all the time, with almost every opportunity. "Gee that guy is cute I wonder.........." Being a writer doesnt make it any eaiser just more verbose.

But heck, its perfectly normal for me I mean, normal means different things to different people.

Posts: 10 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, nellie -- what, pray tell, is so all-fired bad about fantasizing? I don't see where it does anyone any harm. So you have sexual thoughts. So you wonder about things. So you look at other people and think "gee, I wonder what it'd be like...".

As long as no one gets hurt and it amuses you, who cares? It's good exercise for your imagination, and doesn't do anyone any harm, so why do I keep hearing y'all talking about "bad" and "worse than my husband" and all that? There's nothing bad about it, ladies and gentlemen. It's a thought. Let's please not condemn ourselves for thought crimes, okay? Especially when we're not really doing anything wrong.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogenasksyou
Neophyte
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imogenasksyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah ive noticed that in geography and long silly assembleys my mind strays a little! totaly normal.
Posts: 19 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThisGuy:
Look at the word itself - "sex". Its monosyllabic. All of the words that are that short are important. "I", "you", "food", "home", even "war"...they all have a significant role in our development as a species.

Yeah... because who cares about things like equality, pleasure, masturbation, orgasm, self defence, abortion rights, bodily integrity, electricity, energy, contraception...

And just because something can be argued to have evolutionary benefit, doesn't mean it's something that's good. War is important to our development as a species? I'm sure the iraqi children who got blown up would find that comforting.

Back on topic, I'm a woman and I do fantasise about sex and masturbating quite a bit, if I'm stuck on a train or waiting at the chippy or hanging around with someone I really like or listening to music that I find sexy (like The Great Disruptors by Sweethead) or best of all in my room where *see signature*, I'll start thinking about teh sseeeeexxxx... it was a fun respite from listening to the headteacher talk about who won the sports day this year/obligatory religious content/yet another badly handled explanation of why bullying is wrong that doesn't do anything to stop me from getting bullied/it's report card time! And sometimes whoever you have a crush on is standing very nearby and no matter how interesting the talk is thoughts turn to mingling sweat and engorged erogenous zones and necking...

"So in conclusion, the cafeteria will now only serve free range eggs."

"Huh? What was that about free orange kegs?"

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.