Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » orgasms & fingering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasms & fingering
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~

[This message has been edited by michelle (edited 07-08-2001).]

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of that is to say it's impossible. It certainly is, and that also is only taking the physical into account, not the emotional. For some people, the relationship and emotional aspects of sex far outweight the physical. That's just fine.

The only problem with that is that sometimes we can then forget that *we* are responsible for our sexual pleasure, not someone else. If the situation ends up being otherwise, it can get troublesome. people can be dissapointed when their partner doesn't bring them the relase they want. people can get despondant when one lover was able to do it for them, but another cannot. It also makes differentiating between the sexual and emotional aspects of our relationships a little bit harder.

In my mind, if you are aware of those pitfalls, you're probably just fine.

You can't be sure if you are or are not having an orgasm, but you'll get to know over time. Do your genitals get to the point where touch gets ticklish rather than pleasant at times? Do you feel any sort of release during sex? Can you pinpoint times you feel so intense you need to wind down a bit? If so, you've probably had an orgasm.

Sex is a lifelong experience. You'll find what happens now might not later, and what can't happen now probably will in time. If you're enjoying what you are doing, you're doing it safely, and you're feeling good about yourself in and out of the relationship, I'm sure it's all good.

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know in the few minutes that my partner fingered me gave me a pleasure much more intense than I've given myself - ever. Period. And for me it's always been like that. It depends on the person. For me pleasure is very much mental and visual so seeing the guy was enough for me. It depends on the person. For every person that says "I can never" or "I can only" there are usually 3 other people that can only do one and not the other

Brittany

------------------
Dude, just smile and pass the zen margaritas...

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it better when my bf fingers me too ... I can't orgasm from anything (never have, boohoo) but it's just better when he does it. There's more than the physcial aspect of it too tho (as ms S said). Knowing that someone is w/ you and cares about you is really important!

------------------
Don't drink and park ; Accidents cause people

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

If everyone is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.