Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » tampons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tampons
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~

[This message has been edited by michelle (edited 07-08-2001).]

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems to be a pretty common problem on a few of these boards ... But i know where you're coming from, i'm having that same problem. Where the tampon either won't go in, or once i get it in, it keeps coming out.

As far as i know, tampons and fingering/oral sex should have nothing to do w/ each other. If you're having problems w/ tampons, it's probably just how far you're putting them in. What i usually do (i'm not saying you should or anything) is a push the tampon out thro the top just a little before i put the applicator in, so it won't fall out as fast as it normally would. Now, your tampons don't *really* fall out do they? I don't think that is really possible because of the vagina muscles and all that other good stuff ... hehe Mine usually just come down too far so i can't sit or walk or anything and it just *has* to come out. So you take it out and start over ... And pray that you don't have to go "pee" in 10mins again

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, it doesn't come all the way out, just enough to be annoying and uncomfortable...and its never done that before which is the weird thing-and i've used tampons for many years and this has never happened. i dont' know why they're coming out so quickly though...its weird.

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try inserting the tampon in further up into the vagina. I have this problem usually when i'm using a tampon without an applicator, because i can't insert it high enough. So if you're using a brand that doesn't have an applicator, you should probably switch brands.

------------------
where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head?

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PunkHippie420
Activist
Member # 699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkHippie420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know whats easier... is if you just shove it up as far as possible (with still string left) using your index finger. Sounds gross, yeah, but if you wash your hands, it's the best thing to do!!

------------------
peace, music and anarchy
-erYn

**HITLER IS STILL DEAD**

Posts: 67 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.