Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » eeeeekkk!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eeeeekkk!!
sweetstuff38
Neophyte
Member # 163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetstuff38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, well, i am afraid that guys will be disgusted if they see my vagina for the first time. i havent been too far with guys and i am ultra scared. like, i have alot of extra skin down ther e and it is kinda wrinkly? is that normal? also can you guys voice your opinion? i am also scared about getting fingered. i know this is bound to happen soon and i was wondering if it hurts, or if it feels good, or if you guys enjoy it. HELP!!!
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's absolutely normal to have folds and flaps and so on and so forth. That's the way vulvas (the external part of your genitals) are built. Everyone's a little different, but adult women's genitals are just like that. Many people, myself included, find it very aesthetically pleasing and enjoy what it looks like. Anyone who doesn't like what their lover's genitals looks like, I figure, doesn't deserve to be close enough to see them.

If you can get a hold of a copy, you should take a look at a book by Joani Blank called "Femalia" -- it is an art book of photographs of women's genitals, showing how much variation there is and how really very beautiful women's bodies are. It's very educational to see what other people's bodies look like, particularly since most of us only get extensive experience with our own.

As for fingering: different people have different experiences, but in general, no, it should not hurt. If it does hurt, you are either trying to do too much too soon, or you need more lubrication (use a water-based personal lubricant like Astroglide or KY Jelly, it helps a lot), or both. Go slow. Take your time. If it's not fun and doesn't feel good, there is no reason you need to do it.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femalepleaser
Activist
Member # 637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Femalepleaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok before i go on let me know after this post Miz Scarlet if i'm too detailed....fingering a girl in my opinion means to me that she trust me with her and she'll know im there for her.....as for the pleasure she seems to enjoy it, just depends on how you do it....also make sure he's kissing you to, so that the mood is just right.

------------------
If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life!

Posts: 86 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver
Neophyte
Member # 564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to wonder this too, like I was sure I was somewhat abnormal with all that extra skin and junk, and feared somewhat that I would see eyebrows pop up or hear 'ews' when my dear sweet took a gander. (He's had experience- I, at that point, had not). But nary a word was said, and obviously he thinks everything is just fine... Believe me, most guys who are getting anywhere like that (at least any one that you are being good and picky about letting get that far, and you ought to be) will be happy enough to be there- they probably will have no mind to complain, even if they do think it's weird. And if they do, they've probably never seen one before.

8)

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, seeing any body part you've never seen before can be a bit odd, and living as we do, even naked people can look really strange. But your bits sound just normal, and considering how many guys I've heard talking really lustfully about that sort of thing, very desirable. Being fingered . . .ooh, nice phrase . . . well, it can be very nice, he just needs to be gentle, make sure you're ready and have SHORT, FILED FINGERNAILS. That's what's most likely to hurt you, and it's easy to deal with.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.