Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » orgasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasm
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
~

[This message has been edited by michelle (edited 07-08-2001).]

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in most cases, the vaginal wall will contract rhythmically during orgasm. orgasm may be coupled with emission of urethral fluid (female ejaculation).

and it tends to be quite pleasurable (to varying degrees).

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not overrate the female ejaculation thing, actually, because it's actually not all that common, and women who are looking for that to happen as "proof" that they've had an orgasm are likely to be kinda frustrated, since even when it does happen, it's not always obvious that it has. No sense having people feeling badly that they "haven't had a real orgasm" because they haven't experienced female ejaculation, right? Particularly when not all women have those kinds of orgasms in the first place.

If you're curious about orgasm, you should definitely read our series about sexual response here: www.scarleteen.com/pink/pages/response.html

Some of the ways people can tell they are having or are about to have an orgasm:

-- your body may get very tense, then suddenly relax
-- your breathing may get very fast, and you may have a feeling like sensation in your genitals is "building up" and then releasing
-- some people get a little dizzy just after they have had an orgasm
-- you may feel like the sensation is getting almost unbearable, then suddenly you feel a sensation of release
-- and so on.

There are any number of variations on that theme. If you are really curious about orgasm, masturbating is probably the best way to experiment with having them -- you know better than anyone else what will feel good to you, and how to touch your own body.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for all the help but i have one more question. i've heard that when you have an orgasm you feel like you have to pee. is that always true or just sometimes?

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends. If you didnt go to the restroom before you start whatever your doing, you might have the urge too. I wouldnt think everytime, but Im just going along with what happens to me.

But its a good idea to go the the bathroom before AND after you do anything of the sort..just to empty your bladder!

------------------
WoRD!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For many years, I never knew that I had already had many orgasms. I started masturbating at a very young age, long before I'd even heard the word "orgasm". When I did hear the word, I thought maybe that was something that would happen if I kept on touching myself beyond the good feeling. Later I realized this "good feeling" WAS an orgasm.

I think that women's orgasms vary in how they feel a lot more than men's. I've had some strong, some not. They usually feel less strong now than when I was a child. My boyfriend claims that his orgasms all feel pretty much the same.

About peeing: I used to find that orgasms made me have to pee, but now they don't so much. Now I find I don't feel like peeing after clitoral orgasms, but when my G-spot is stimulated, I REALLY have to go

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rizzo, I understand the not realising and then wondering; it's nice NOT to be told that if you'd had one you'd know! michelle, you may feel very sleepy/happy afterwards, sort of floaty, and very nice. And about the ejaculation thing. If it happens, it feels good, but that's the orgasm that does it, not the fluid. It can also cause problems with lubrication afterwards, because the stuff is like water, not at all slippery. So sometimes, not doing that at all can be better.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.