Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » How Much Stimulating Do YOU Need?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Much Stimulating Do YOU Need?
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering...and I know it varies from person to person with different people, but normally, how much stimulation do you need to get an erection? Would a hug do it for you or more?

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klondale
Neophyte
Member # 1065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klondale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends if i was attracted to the woman or not. It varies for me, i can be watching tv an one'll pop up, while other times it takes a little phycical contact to help it up.

Also it depends what kind of mood im in, the time off the day, etc.

Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on age and sexual experience. Not to mention "horniness".

Used to be I'd get one if I was snuggled up to a girl on the couch.

Now, it takes a lot more.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My life partner often gets erections just when we're cuddled up on the couch, or from backrubs and things like that, without thinking about it or even necessarily thinking about sex. Any kind of affectionate physical contact is likely to do it.

On the other hand, one of my recent lovers was the type who just basically didn't get an erection until he decided it was Time To Get An Erection. Kind of unusual, but once he decided it was time to get a hard-on, he'd just kind of get one somehow, apparently through sheer mental effort, no actual hands-on stimulation needed in general.

Just goes to show you that it really does run the gamut and it really does vary from person to person!

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let's take refractory period into account here.

it always takes my boyfriend a little more to get it up after we've done (and completed) the deed. it's diminishing returns.

but the first time around, it could be as simple as watching a racy scene in a movie with me, or it might take some heavy-duty foreplay (post-refractory period).

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fluteman
Neophyte
Member # 31660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fluteman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sometimes it could take a little or a lot. I know for me if i see a girls cleavage ill get one if im in the right mood, or even if i just look at a semi-attractive girl. but i think it really depends on the mood.
Posts: 8 | From: New York | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 30201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dude... I think this is a really interesting post, though.
Posts: 443 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frey
Neophyte
Member # 29849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it depends. if its my first time meeting them and they are attractive, a hug may get me a half chub but i wont be busting my pants. but in the bedroom, sometimes it gets a LOT to get me fully up and going..
Posts: 8 | From: somewhere | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.