Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » what is normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is normal?
XoXo Chasez
Neophyte
Member # 590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXo Chasez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am curious about fingering. My boyfriend asked me if he could and I'm not completely ready, I was just curious if something happens.. like you hymen breaking if he goes to far.. an infection.. weird discharge?? Thanks.

------------------
"Always look forward to the best of everything, or else you might miss out." ~ me
--------------------
* __ sarah __ *

Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't worry about the hymen. it's probably already broken (how else would you be able to have a period if it couldn't get out?).

as for infections, make sure he has no open sores on his fingers. have him wash his hands with warm water and soap first. then **use LUBE** to avoid too much painful friction (which can chafe or tear your vag lining and make you more susceptible to infection). as for LUBES, I give an emphatic thumbs up to Astroglide« but it may be dificult to come by if you're really young. in which case, KY Liquid or Jelly can serve just as well.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelsBrat
Activist
Member # 563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelsBrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey

First off, you don't seem like you want this. If you don't, that means you're not ready to take this step ... You have to be 100% sure you want to do anything sexually, because you can't take it back. Talk to him about it, let him know what you're worried about and maybe he can help you w/ it. He should be making sure for himself that you're ready for this ... If you do things you're not ready for, it can cause problems in later relationships. Be cafeful!!

If you're worried about your hymen, go looking for it. Get yourself a little mirror and sit on the toilet and see if there is a little piece of skin type thing over your vagina. If it's there at all, the chances are that it's really small anyway. But it may not be there, i wouldn't worry about it. The first time i was fingered it hurt a little and i bled a bit, but not from my hymen because it wasn't there (i don't think it was anyway) ...

You should be worried about infection!! I had an infection in my uterus and ended up having surgery over it ... but i don't know if you can get that from fingering (??) Like gumdrop suggested, make sure he washes his hands first. Most people wash their hands before they eat right? You don't want to be eating any germs and bacteria stuff ... Well your vagina is also an opening into your body and is just moist and dark and closed in enough to house all sounds of unwanted stuff.

And relax ... If you're all tense and nervous about it, it will hurt. But you really need to think about it. Like i said before, you don't seem ready for this. *Talk to him!!* Communication is key to any relationship

Posts: 55 | From: Toronto,Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gumdrop - if someones hymen is still fully intact and nothing can get out (like blood from your period) then you need to see a doctor. It is unusual for there to be no opening or just a very very small one even when the hymen is still fully there.

XoXo - Infection is something to worry about. Make sure his nails are clipped and not jagged. And that his hands are clean and have no sores cuts or anything like that. As for your hymen, if it does break or rather stretch then it is nothing to worry about! If you masturbate it has probably already been stretched. if you are worried about the pain associated with it then talk to your b/f and have him go slowely and considerately. That should cut down on the amount of pain, if there is any at all.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by XoXo Chasez:
Hi. I am curious about fingering. My boyfriend asked me if he could and I'm not completely ready

Chasez, I would suggest that you read some of the articles in this site found in the Pink Slip section. They may answer some of your questions.

Here's something to consider. Any sexual act is going to be a lot more enjoyable if you're relaxed and comfortable with what you're doing...both physically and emotionally. If you're not ready, what about postponing being fingered until you are? Sex isn't a race; there's no rush, and you'll have a lot more fun if you have no doubts about what you're doing.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only that, but in most cases the hymen doesn't break. I think Miz Scarlet has addressed this one a few times. It naturally stretches out from inserting a tampon, horseback riding, general day to day activites, amung other things.

------------------

"No day but today,"-RENT

RIP Jonathan Larson

Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.