Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Questioning anal sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questioning anal sex
cutelilgirl719
Neophyte
Member # 923

Icon 12 posted      Profile for cutelilgirl719     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there! I am an avid fan of your site. However, I have read over the site and all of the questions I have seen regarding anal sex have been very negative. Due to my boyfriend's encouraging, we tried it. First he anally fingered me and it was no bother at all. Then we tried anal penetration with no intent of actually having sex. It wasn't painful, although a bit uncomfortable in the beginning. I think these girls are not using lubricant. I was actually so aroused that my come slid down and there was enough to serve as a good and natural lubricant. My question is can an orgasm be attained by having anal sex and is there any physical damage and tearing that can be done to that area that I should be concerned about? Thank you

Posts: 1 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having anal sex can be pleasurable. The anus (in both men and women) has many nerve endings and can help with the arousal of your gentials (because they are so close to one another). People sometimes have difficulty with anal sex because of the taboos associated to it (it is dirty, etc...) or because they find it painful (often due to being nervous or anxious about it). Even if you are comfortable with the idea of having anal sex, not everyone who tries it likes it.

There are a few concerns with anal sex that people should be aware of. The anus and rectum do not produce any natural lubrication of their own. In fact, they can be quite absorbant, so what ever lubricant you use (your own vaginal lubrication, saliva, or store bought lube) can dry up quickly. That is why that additonal water based lubricant is highly suggested. When a water based lube dries out you just have to either add more or add few drops of water to make it slick again.

It also importnat to use a condom. It is extremely easy to damage the tissue lining the rectum. You can tear yourself which can leave you at high risk for STD's and infections. I also think it is a good way to keep the natural bacteria of your rectum and anus from coming into contact with the penis.

After having anal sex it is very important to put a fresh condom on before entering the vagina. Again, you don't want the bacteria to travel to the vagina. Painful infections can result. Same thing goes for your hands. You need to wash them thoroughly before moving from the anus to another area or wear thin latex gloves (like the one's surgeons wear) and change them if you move from one area to another.

[This message has been edited by bettie (edited August 13, 2000).]

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops. Sorry forgot to answer your question about orgasms.

Yes, it is possible to have an orgasm from anal sex. Many forms of pleasurable stimulation (physical and mental) have the potential to trigger arousal and orgasm. Though, the most common is clitoral stimulation for women and penile stimulation for men.

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.