Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » the difference?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the difference?
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 5 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~

[This message has been edited by michelle (edited 07-08-2001).]

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For women? You usually don't. Most women don't ejaculate, so there isn't anything that is analogous to the "cum" or ejaculate you may have experienced when a man has an orgasm.

On the somewhat rare occasions when a woman does ejaculate fluid during orgasm, it is thinnish and watery, usually clear or whitish in color, and comes out of the urethra (same place urine comes from), but does not smell like and is not urine.

Women's other sexual fluids come out of the vagina, and aside from the amount (which is greater during arousal and sexual activity), they are usually not easily distinguished from normal vaginal self-lubrication.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so women don't cum? that makes sense but i thought i'd read somewhere before in a post that women did cum. someone asked me one time if women do cum-so would my answer to them would be no?

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aleox
Activist
Member # 145

Icon 10 posted      Profile for aleox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard sometimes a girl can cum, but most of the time there is no difference.
Posts: 109 | From: Birmingham, West Midlands, UK | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cum" is an awfully vague word.

One usage of the word is to mean "orgasm." Women can and do do have orgasms.

"Cum" can also mean "ejaculate," usually referring to a male orgasm. Ejaculation of semen is a very typical part (*the* typical part, to most people) of men's orgasms.
Some women, sometimes, have ejaculation of fluid when they have orgasms. This fluid is not semen. See my post above for more on that.

Almost all women, however, will have an increase in vaginal fluids when they are aroused and when they are engaged in sex.

See my post above for more details on that as well. Does this clear things up at all?

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah it does-thank you

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.