Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » *Question about masturbation...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *Question about masturbation...
HawaiianIce23
Neophyte
Member # 675

Icon 5 posted      Profile for HawaiianIce23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now the other day I had a friend over nad was telling me how she masturbated my fingering herself..but I was reading a seventeen magazine a LONG time ago..and it was emberrsing stories, and the girl was saying how she was masturbating with a pillow...I've never heard of this! Do you just rub around on the pillow???? Is it the same effect you get from fingering yourself?? and my older cousin, was telling me about her first time, and saying taht her orgasms could last for up to a minute or more...but when I masturbate, it lasts for about 20 seconds...please answer these questions..thanxz!
Posts: 3 | From: Crestview, Ky, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Different people masturbate in different ways. Fingers and hands are the most common things people use to stimulate their genitals when they masturbate, but other people enjoy rubbing against stationary objects, like pillows. Some people can masturbate just by rhythmically tightening and loosening their thigh muscles, believe it or not. Whatever works for you is fine, and you shouldn't be afraid to experiment with different things that feel good to you.

As for orgasms being different lengths of time -- my experience is that it depends on the person, and sometimes on the kind of stimulation that person is getting as well.
I have found in my own experience that longer orgasms aren't necessarily more satisfying or better than shorter ones. Short and intense can be just as good as longer ones, but in any case, orgasms are a little like ice cream -- they come in different flavors but they're all pretty tasty.

Don't worry too much about whether you're having the same kinds of experiences as someone else is. Our bodies are all different, and what happens to work for one person won't necessarily work for another. Listen to your body, do what feels good to you, and remember that feeling pleasure is a pretty good sign that you're doing something right.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjdegs79
Neophyte
Member # 1978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjdegs79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
............I LOVE my pillow !!!!<WINK,WINK>
Posts: 10 | From: Everytown,U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mari-Shea
Neophyte
Member # 1949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mari-Shea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
--edited--

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 11-27-2000).]

Posts: 6 | From: NYC. NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mari, thanks for offering up the advice, but please be careful to avoid explicit descriptions of technique. the kiddies are watching...

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.