Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Whoever is sexually active READ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whoever is sexually active READ
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey whats up? I just want to know, each time you guys have sex, do you get worried about the condom breaking, or do you just go on with it and have fun? I'm afraid that when I start having sex, Im going to be worrying about the condom breaking rather then enjoying myself!
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PunkHippie420
Activist
Member # 699

Icon 3 posted      Profile for PunkHippie420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hun! If you worry too much during sex, it makes it harder to enjoy. Part of having an orgasm is thinking about having it. If you don't feel like you deserve an orgasm or you are too worried about something else, chances are, you won't have one. So if you're gonna take your chances and have sex, don't waste it by worrying!! Get a dependable condom and enjoy the ride, baby!

------------------
peace, music and anarchy
-erYn

Posts: 67 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course you are gonna worry, especially when you see that many of your friends just keep on getting pregnant. The only thing that helps a little is knowing that if the condom does break, falls off, or your B/C fails, you still have abortions to fall back on! Plus, having sex feels so awesome, that when you are doing it you really cannot think about anything else at all.
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HotGrrl99:
Plus, having sex feels so awesome, that when you are doing it you really cannot think about anything else at all.

And there's the rub.

Sheller, the reason why in a lot of material on intercourse we go into detail about being prepared to be pregnant and/or deal with a pregnancy is because it can happen, and you SHOULD be concerned about it if were it to happen you'd be totally unprepared.

My personal feeling, and what I espouse here at the site is this: you do everything you can to avoid it, if you're not tryiong to get pregnant, and you also are prepared to deal with it in one way or another should it occur. If you just cannot deal with it, you just shouldn't be having sex.

In other words, we can only afford to let our brains go on vacation if we know we've got hotel reservations and an emergency plan in case our passport gets stolen.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LADY JUVENILE
Neophyte
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LADY JUVENILE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have worried about the condom breaking and it has because it was my first time as well as his and we did not know how to put one one we just thought it was safe. But if you know how to put one on and have extra protection like sperimacide or if you don't want to catch somthing like AIDS then there no 100% that it will or will not break you just have to go with it. Try your luck but more in likly it won't so just have fun luck will be on your side
Posts: 29 | From: WOODLAWN, MD,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GothicghOst
Neophyte
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GothicghOst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well since ive never had sex i wouldnt know... but i would be concerned..since i would want my girl (dont have one at the moment)and i both to be safe..and also be able to fullfill each others needs..

Only thing i had was a bj from a girl..who said she liked me but later dumped me..only lasted about 10 seconds..since we were at a friends..she kept rushing and that..and when i found out she has had multiple partners im glad i quit seeing her...

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, i don't worry about condom failure. i've got the Pill as back up.

however, we had an "accident" once, and that was scary, but I'm about to post about that in a separate article.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 11 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't worry about it, I use condoms right now. I think if you're worried, you're not ready. NOTHING but abstincence is 100% percent so I think if you're not prepared to handle the responsibility that comes with sex, don't do it!

But you might want to talk to your doctor about birth control, it's always good to use both condoms and birth control.

Also, HotGrrl99....are you serious about abortion always being an option?? Abortion is NOT any means of birth control! I am against abortion as it is (unless in a case of rape or incenst) because when you have sex you are taking full responsibility for your actions. I don't mean to preach to you but that is NOT the way you should be thinking. Just had to say that.

------------------
}{*Starry*}{
"Healing takes courage and we all have courage. Even if we have to die a little to find it."

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YazzieAlana
Neophyte
Member # 816

Icon 8 posted      Profile for YazzieAlana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HotGrrl99:
Of course you are gonna worry, especially when you see that many of your friends just keep on getting pregnant. The only thing that helps a little is knowing that if the condom does break, falls off, or your B/C fails, you still have abortions to fall back on!.

Obviously your friends arent using EFFECTIVE b/c. If the condom breaks, abortions are not a "fall back on" measure, the morning-after pill is. If you are that worried about getting pregnant though and are not prepared to accept responsibility for your actions then i suggest that you not have sex in the first place

Posts: 7 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.