Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain
Thalia
Neophyte
Member # 434

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Thalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had sex with my boyfriend about six times now, and every single time, it hurt me. It only hurts when he tries to enter me the first time, and then it goes away. We use lubricant and he goes slowly, and he thinks that my hymen has not been broken yet, only stretched, and now he wants to just push in very quickly with no lubricant because he thinks this will break it and it will stop hurting every time. Is he right? Because it doesn't seem right that we should have to use lubricant every time and it still hurts. Is there anything else that might be wrong? What can I do?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 12 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not the most knowlagable of people but in my opinion ur pain is probably caused by stress. You are getting yourself so stressed out that you are tensing up try and relax , take a few deep breaths and take your time!
Good luck+enjoy your self!

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thalia,
The hymen DOESN'T "break," it only stretches. And I can just about promise you that if your partner has made some level of penetration, your hymen isn't the issue anymore.

I'd look at a few things: are you really aroused and excited when you're having intercourse? Are you using lubricant as well as what you need for birth control and STD protection(it's hard to relax when you're terrified of getting sick or pregnant)? Are you engaging in foreplay before sex?

And, no, he probably is not right.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalia
Neophyte
Member # 434

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Thalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you engaging in foreplay before sex?

We do a little bit of kissing and touching first, but he says that if we do for too long that he comes too fast.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you need a lot more foreplay, dearie, and he's thinking a lot more about what he wants than about what you need.

Try lots of kissing, in more places than on the mouth, lots of snuggling, touching, etc. If he starts to get too excited and thinks he's gonna come, slow down to gentle touches until he calms down a bit. Make it clear to him that this experience is for BOTH of you, but you take more time to heat up than he does, so if he cares (and if he wants to continue having sex, for that matter), he needs to be patient and give you the attention you need.

[This message has been edited by Lady Moonlight (edited July 10, 2000).]

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.