Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Period makes me horny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period makes me horny
Jayjers
Activist
Member # 382

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Jayjers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason when I'm on my period its alot easier to turn me on. I practically CRAVE having sex with my boyfriend. Does this happen to anyone else??
Posts: 50 | From: K-Town Tn | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildChica
Activist
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildChica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooohh yeah.

A few days before, and during my period, I get EXTREMELY horny, which kind of sucks because my partner doesn't like having sex when I'm on the rag because of the mess. I have no idea why this happens...Maybe it's psychological in the sense that our bodies are thinking, 'Oh no! Period time! Get sex before it's too late!'

Heh-heh.

J.

------------------
"Her laugh turned to a moan at the first ripple in her bones.
She tensed her thighs and abdomen to will the change on, and
clutched the night air like a lover as her fingers lengthened
and her nails sprouted...The night, she thought, the sweet night"

Posts: 87 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayjers
Activist
Member # 382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayjers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found its not messy at all if you have sex in the shower. Maybe you can pursuade him to do that, at least try it once.
Posts: 50 | From: K-Town Tn | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoRoseXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I get the same way..I guess its because its something U cant have and U always want what U cant have!!
Posts: 59 | From: indian trail | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, what Wild says is rweally on target. Most gynecologists and sexologists suspect that what's happening is that just like ovulation biologically may make us want intercourse because we ARE fertile, menses may make us want it because we're going through the mirror of that process.

In addition, for many women it relieves cramps and adds extra lubrication, making intercourse more pleasurable than at other times in our cycle.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doeesnt bother my boyfriend a bit. We just put a towel under us when we do it. And it does add that extra lube. I think i might even like it better then.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
omg this happened to me during my period now(im on my 5th day,dammit when is it gonna end?LOL) i have been with my bf and we keep saying how it sucks that i have my period, cuz he really wanted to finger me and i wanted him to. I usually get my period for 5 days, so hopefully this is the last day, and hes leaving to FL on wed morning
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PunkHippie420
Activist
Member # 699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkHippie420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!! It happens to me too!! The reason you get so horny BEFORE your period is cuz its when you're ready to be impregnated! Your body is just ready for fertilisation (sp?)... its like "Hey dont make me waste this egg. Get a giddyup already."
Posts: 67 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the same way. I feel like a total nympho around my period! The good news is that there are plenty of boys who don't mind having sex with you at that time at all! It's a great time to be having sex outdoors, or even on the floor. It's easier to avoid a possible mess that way.
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,
I thought this was just me! I am always horny during my period. One way that i can tell that my period will be starting in a day or a few hours is that I'll have erect nipples all day. They ache sometimes, but they tell me that I am close to starting. My guy friend, knowing of my intensified sexual arousal during this special time, prefers to be sexually active during my period as long as I am ok with it. That's grat for me. I get a little bit more pleasure for it during that time.

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This relates to me as well. I seem to have an increase in my sexual hormones when i am on my time of the month. My boyfriend and I still have sex even though it's messy lol because he knows it brings me more pleasure

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a reminder:

The risk of transmission of some STIs (including HIV) is greatly increased if you've got blood around. So safer sex is extra important during menstruation.

Safe, Sound & Sexy A Safer Sex How-To
A Simple Condom Primer

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cathexis
Activist
Member # 5706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cathexis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happens to me too ^^' And I guess my boyfriend never even NOTICED it sincce I always find other ways of... having fun without actually going all the way -I don't know how HE feels about it but for some odd reason, I don't think I would feel comfortable...
Posts: 106 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Particular_State_of_Mind
Neophyte
Member # 11716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Particular_State_of_Mind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have sex more often on my period than any other time usually. It really does feel great, especially when it takes your mind off those damned cramps, hehe. Also, I find that its easier to be a little more experimental when its that time of the month-- we had anal sex for the first time then, and I think thats why I got hooked on it.

------------------

Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchy
Activist
Member # 11720

Icon 12 posted      Profile for frenchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definately! i get that as well
Especially the last days of my period and the day or 2 after its just finished.
I heard it was because there was increased blood flow down there and so it makes you so much more sensitive to everything.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just wanted to put another vote in the "shower" box. It really is a great place to get rid of that extra arousal for those few days. By yoruself or with a partner... I swear it eases some of the cramps
Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Showers good but I hate water being sprayed in my face so I'm always watch it with the water....Easy now....wohhhh spalater cough cough. Nope I don't like water sprayed in my face.

But I agree with everyone, the time of the month drives me crazy, it makes me want him even more!

------------------
Why is it that the person that makes you cry, is the only one who can make you stop.

[This message has been edited by The1andonlyAmber (edited 04-28-2003).]

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 14 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG I'm SOOOO glad that I'm not the only person who gets that way. Even though sex while you're on your period doesn't sound too clean. Plus every guy I know when a period is mentioned they TOTALLY freak! Wussies. Agh, does anyone know what causes certain girls to be more aroused or craving sex around their periods??? This really puzzles me

[This message has been edited by PrettyGirlSuffering (edited 05-09-2003).]

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevesLover
Neophyte
Member # 12963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevesLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez im so glad im not alone here!! *laughs* Ive always really really craved bein sexual like rite b4 i go on my period or during the 1st couple days. I thought it was really weird, but its nice 2 know other women feel the same way. Does anyone know the real reason 4 this though? Does it have something 2 do w/ our bodies and hormonal stuff? Or is it something else? just curious.
Posts: 12 | From: ~South Cali Baby~ | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.