Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » Can't log off?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't log off?
JuJuJane
Neophyte
Member # 43249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JuJuJane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I got my Scarleteen account yesterday, I haven't been able to log off. The problem is, this is my neighbor's computer (I opened the account on her computer.) I click "log out." The log out screen tells me I have logged off, right under where it continues to say "Hello, JuJuJane." Any ideas on how to log me off? I tried to cancel my account (so, I could re-create it on my computer later,) but I couldn't find a way to do that. Help?
Posts: 2 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried logging out and then closing the browser?

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Also, next time you log in, you can uncheck the box that says "Keep me logged in after my browser session ends.". That way, you won't have to worry about logging out but can just close the browser when you are done.)

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may also want the check the cookies on that particular computer. Many people program their cookies to save all passwords and account information so that they don't need to log in every time. You can undo this function by going to the computers control panel and choosing internet options.

Obviously, if this isn't your computer, I wouldn't suggest messing with it.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capt. Lola
Peer Educator-in-Training
Member # 43156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capt. Lola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That happened to me, too. I had been using Google Chrome, but when I switched to Firefox, I was okay. See if switching your browser helps.

--------------------
I believe in a world of endless possibilities.

Posts: 12 | From: Milwaukee | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.