Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » New Additions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Additions
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to direct your attention to a couple new pieces on the main site as they are questions and issues we've had asked about a lot on the boards, too.

For those wondering what type of condom to use, we've now got this to help you out: Your Map to the Condom Aisle.

For those asking about abortion, how it works, what it's like, and other related issues, here's: All About Abortion.

For guys in male-female partnerships asking about their repro rights and options, take a look at: Hey, Boyfriend! Male Reproductive Choices.

For tjose asking about reciprocity issues, Reciprocity, Reloaded.

For those still wondering what on earth we mean when we talk about feminist sex education, here's What is Feminist Sex Education?.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also new:

Vagzilla!
Crampbusting, without the pill

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Also, we now have a live RSS feed for all new or updated content on the main site: http://www.scarleteen.com/rss.xml

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Narwhal
Activist
Member # 34755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narwhal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just have to say, I love the BIG VAGINA piece. That rocks out loud, and it made me giggle.

BIG VAGINA!!! [Razz]

Posts: 147 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, I'm so glad Vagzilla is on ST!! (Awesome graphic too [Razz] )

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, love love LOVE the Vagzilla piece. After I read it, I totally ran around the house yelling "BIG VAGINA!!!" at the top of my lungs. This was especially satisfying, as my house has high ceilings, and thus a bit of an echo.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Heh. That makes my day. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

mimble
Activist
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure where to post this, but i think the number on the emergency contraception article is wrong. Its listed as 1-800-NOT-2-LATE, but i called that number and some guy was like, "Uhh, its a 1-888 number" so i called that and it was right.
Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the head's up! I checked the Princeton site and it said it is a 1-888 number. The article has been corrected.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Since it's been a little while, a few of the newest pieces you might have interest in:

The piece that has eaten my life for the last month or so, Birth Control Bingo!. There is not only a walk-through to help you find the best method for you, but each method has a very extensive page all its own.

How You Guys -- that's right, You GUYS -- Can Prevent Rape.

Too, some of the sub-pages from that piece may also be helpful to allies and survivors:
Why do men need to know about rape?
What is rape, and what is it like to be raped? Who are rapists, and where did rape even come from?
How can men know if someone is giving consent or not?
What more can we do to stop rape?

Kate Storm Guthrie wrote us a great piece on FAM, and I also included the blank calendar for menstrual charting from my book in printable format in it: Get With the Flow: All About FAM

Volunteer Lena's piece, To Be... AWESOME or Just Be Tips on Making the Most of Your Life Right Now!

There are also a lot of new Sexpert Advice questions and answers up: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice

[ 02-19-2008, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

Just a ping to direct your attention to this piece today about how alcohol and recreational drugs tend to inhibit good sex.

As well, we've had a bunch of recent blog pieces from a few different volunteers, and a LOT of new answers, thanks to extra help from Sarah, Stephanie and Susie over in Sexpert Advice.

If you're having trouble keeping up with new content, know that we do have an RSS feed for the whole site (excluding the boards). It's here: http://www.scarleteen.com/rss.xml

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.