Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » WHY?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHY?
Hyper_chick01
Neophyte
Member # 33888

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Hyper_chick01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want to be able to send someone a private message...why cant i do that??? i feel like i cant do nothing on here.

--------------------
XoXo~BETH~XoXo

Posts: 9 | From: Georgia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have private messaging disabled in order to protect our users from harrassment, since the subjects discussed on our boards are of a pretty personal nature. It's much easier to provide a safe environment for discussion on these boards if we (the volunteers and staff who moderate) can see everything that's going on.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyper_chick01
Neophyte
Member # 33888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyper_chick01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i wanted to write a reply for someone who wrote something in the ASK section...but that sections for volunteers only...what can i do?? i want to talk to the person.

--------------------
XoXo~BETH~XoXo

Posts: 9 | From: Georgia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When people choose to post in that section, it's because they only WANT staff and volunteer replies, hyper_chick.

If said person is interested in talking the the whole userbase, or about their issue in particular, then they'll put a question/discussion to the other areas of the forums, at which time you'll be able to have a discussion with them if you like.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, there isn't anything you CAN do- people generally post to that section expressly because they want only volunteers and staff to respond. For the same reasons we have private messaging disabled, we also do not give out e-mails.

[edit: mindmeld!]

[ 05-16-2007, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We appreciate you wanting to help out and help other users on the boards, but we do have guidelines, and they are established primarily for the protection and privacy of our users. Just because you can't communicate with this user doesn't mean you can't help others on the boards, so why not browse the other areas of the boards and help some of our other users too?

(Whoo! Tripple mind-meld of sorts!)

[ 05-16-2007, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.