Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » Sister site?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sister site?
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just an offer of something I'd be able to do if it'd be useful to you. If it's a crap idea say so. [Smile]
Anyways, how useful would it be to you to have a sister site which served as an online community where we could all get to know each other? I'd be happy to set up and maintain it, and it costs nothing.

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting -- an online community different from this one, how?

Happy to hear ideas, just understand that there really is no way Scarleteen could have any sort of affiliated site which I didn't oversee in some way (or which hadn't been established and ongoing by someone else credible and reliable for some time, so we could see if it's operation/vibe/etc. was in line with our mission), because what would go on there would effect how ST is viewed as an organization.

And there's no way, at all, I can add any new projects to my roster right now, even just overseeing or checking in on something each day: I already have five domains under my belt as it is, three that need constant maintaining, as well as my book and photography work.

But by all means, if you want to start a site of your own with an eye towards possible affilitation with Scarleteen someday, knock yourself out and keep me posted.

[ 12-13-2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry - I admit I wasn't clear. I was meaning the kind of forum where we just talk about stuff that's in the news, have thread games of various sorts, etc. www.alturasforums.com (of which I am a member) is a good example of what I mean. A place that we can chat and stuff without worrying about eating up bandwidth.
And while official affiliation obviously isn't workable from what you've said, would it be okay for me to post the link in my sig here once it's set up? I would enforce all the ST rules to make sure that it remains suitable for all users.
PS The link to Alturas is NOT suitable for all users - it's here as a reference as to the type of subjects and use of the forum rather than an indication of the level of language etc.

[ 12-13-2006, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: smileyjoseph ]

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've never had an objection to general links to teen-friendly sites from sigs, so long as posts aren't for the purpose of solicitation.

So, that'd be fine. But otherwise, I've just really no interest in affiliating with a new general online community in any sort of formal way: it just wouldn't provide any benefits to us as an organization, especially given our traffic: it'd only benefit the traffic of that other newly-established site.

Just FYI, the reason we don't encourage a ton of general gab here isn't so much about bandwidth as it is keeping our mission intact and having the efforts of our staff and volunteers be applicable to what we do.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Cool. Expect to see the link in my sig in a few weeks. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

http://rapideyemovement.jconserv.net/index.php
Here it is.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.