Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » well idk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: well idk
Udontwanaknowme
Neophyte
Member # 25004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Udontwanaknowme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok im not sure where to post questions like this, thats why im postin them here, sorry if this is an inconvenience...ok so what exactly does the "sexpert" mean..is that the people who run this site? what do all the rankings mean? like what is the advocate mean..and the neophyte..and everything?

Sorry if this isn't where I'm suposed to post these questions..if it isn't..please advise me as to where i should..thanks

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The different ranks or titles you see under peoples' names mean the following:

A "Neophyte" is someone who has just joined and started posting on the boards. After a certain number of posts you become an "Activist" and are basically just a user of the boards who happens to have more posts.

"Advocates" are the volunteer forum moderators; we are generally a group of users who had been active in the boards for awhile and who are familiar with Scarleteen's articles and inormation and the usual tone of replying to questions.

"Sexperts" finally, are the volunteer forum administrators who have control over maintaining the entire board and the members. They have been with the board for much longer than most and are also very knowledgeable about sexuality and sexual health, some work professionally in the medical field or more in sexual/health related fields.

And anything concerning the site/staff is fine to either post here or in the Staff Stuff section.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.