Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » search function

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: search function
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was using the search function trying to find "embarassing first times" and when I searched for it all I got were articles written by sexperts and editorials and such. I was looking for archive threads, so why didn't I get any? Is it possible there are none?

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is very possible that there aren't any w/ those specific words in it. Try to use other similar words in your search and you might also find what you're looking for.
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which search button did you use? The one for the site, or the one for the boards...just a thought.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Celtic makes a good point ... the search engines/functions here are a bit hard to understand.

The search button at the very top of the page, that's in the blue banner is to help you find articles on the info you're looking for. The word "search" that is located a bit lower on the page and written in pink (in the same line as profile, register, preferences, and faq).

Hope this clears things up a bit for you.

------------------
*~*Smurfie*~*
Scarleteen Advocate

Words of Wisdom

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the one for the... it's right up there with a green bar between resources and FAQ. I'll try one searching only in the Relationships section. Thanks!

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Yeah that's why sweetie ... you're using the wrong search button! See right above your very first post in this thread, where it says 'post reply' and 'post new topic'? Directly underneath the 'post reply' button there is the word 'search'. Clicking on that will give you the search function for the chat forums.

------------------
*~*Smurfie*~*
Scarleteen Advocate

Words of Wisdom

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Thanks, Smurfie! I found it before, maybe I just didn't refresh the page and see your reply. Oh, well. Thanks again

------------------

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.