Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I thought I was gay, but now I'm not so sure.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I thought I was gay, but now I'm not so sure.
Caden
Neophyte
Member # 93877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I've pretty much thought I was gay my entire life. Then I kissed another guy and it wasn't so great. I just passed it off as a bad first kiss. But then it happened with another guy. I'm definitely attracted to men physically, but I don't find kissing or touching them very enjoyable. On the other hand, I've always felt like I could marry a girl and be happy. With men, I can't really imagine anything beyond a physical relationship, whereas with women, I actually can. And I have been attracted to women, just less frequently than I am to men. But I've never kissed a girl. I guess I'm just really unsure about what I am.
Posts: 1 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI There,

Yes, I imagine it would feel strange to believe one thing for your whole life then have that belief rattled a bit.

Sexual orientation isn't one static thing. There are lots of permutations of of of heterosexual, gay, and everything in between. . Plus, there's fantasy, physical attraction, emotional attraction, etc, which one person could feel for other people of different genders. So it's not at all strange that you have sexual desires for men but can more easily imagine yourself in a committed relationship with a woman.

As to the kissing, it's possible that you're not a fan of kissing in general. Mind, that's just a possibility so please don't take it as fact. It could be lots of other things.

So, what are you? Well, you get to decide that.

I'm giving you a few articles we have that may give you some food for thought, and we're definitely here to chat about this more and help you figure things out.

Q is for Questioning

Living without Labels

[b][url=http://www.scarleteen.com/article/gaydar/misconception_mayhem_separating_bisexuality_and_homosexuality_myths_from_facts]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.