Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » avoiding best friend after coming out to her

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: avoiding best friend after coming out to her
Pets2luvr
Neophyte
Member # 67608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pets2luvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I told my best friend that I was confused about my sexuality she was really supportive and told me that she loved me no matter what and it wouldn't change anything. But the thing is I've kind of been avoiding her and i dont really even know why
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello [Smile] , I think it's brave of you to be able to come out to your friend. Good on you! I'm glad she sounds very supportive too. Sometimes it can feel awkward to see someone after sharing something big and personal with them, but often that feeling will pass when you know you can trust them. How long have you been avoiding her? Do you have worries about seeing her again?

[ 08-12-2011, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: eryn_smiles ]

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pets2luvr
Neophyte
Member # 67608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pets2luvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I dont know if its exactly brave though since ive avoided her ever since. Yeah she a pretty awesome friend. That definately makes sense; ive been avoiding her for almost two months now.I guuess maybe I'm just still worried that our friendship will change. Thanks
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, it was (still is!) very scary coming out to good friends. I've had meltdowns about it in the middle of the night. But I think that if you avoid her when she's been supportive, then you're the one causing the friendship to change. Do you know what I mean? I'm not saying it isn't scary though..

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.