Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I like my science teacher 0_____0

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I like my science teacher 0_____0
RescuemexD
Neophyte
Member # 51090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RescuemexD         Edit/Delete Post 
oh my god i have a science teacher named.... "Bob" and hes so hot to me i had him for 6th grade science now im in the 8th grade and i still like him is this normal to like teachers??? because whenever i see him my heart races and i blush the color of a rose my ex-friend knows and we made an agreement to tell him at the end of the year since im going to H.S is this a bad idea??

--------------------
The adrenaline rush is what usaully gets us in the deepest of troubles [:

Posts: 27 | From: Nyc | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like we were just telling someone else today, and someone else yesterday, crushes on teachers aren't at all unusual.

However, like most crushes, they tend to be one-sided. And it's a teachers job to keep healthy boundaries with students in their role as a teacher.

I don't think telling your teacher you think they're hot really respects the boundaries of the student-teacher relationship. If anything, it's just likely to make a teacher feel pretty uncomfortable. So, my advice would be to keep that to yourself, rather than sharing it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RescuemexD
Neophyte
Member # 51090

So what if my frined tells him anyway?? and if i keep a secert inside dont u tihnk that might hurt me even alittle?

--------------------

Posts: 27 | From: Nyc | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're not keeping a secret inside: you told your friend.

We don't usually tell absolutely everyone we like romantically or find sexually appealing that we do. Sometimes that's because it just really isn't appropriate and/or we know or suspect that information would be unwelcome or make them feel uncomfortable.

What use would your teacher have for the information you'd share? Do you think it would benefit them in any way?

So, how about you tell your friend that saying something to a teacher you respect, and probably treats you with respect, that would likely only make them feel uncomfortable isn't so cool?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RescuemexD
Neophyte
Member # 51090

Thats truee but see heres the problem which my life seems to be over flowing with... problems never a break geez [Razz]
soo the problem is my ""friend"" isnt exactly my "friend" anymore so if she do's it out of spite or hate then what im screwed right?

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

No, you're not, because then it's her being inappropriate, not you. Your feelings aren't inappropriate after all, nor uncommon.

So, if she does that, she's just going to look like a jerk, and your teacher will likely just blow it off. I certainly don't see him seeing what she says as a reflection on you.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

RescuemexD
Neophyte
Member # 51090

Thats smart but.... what if the feelings dont go away what if i marry someone and then i accidently call him my teachers name?!!!

--------------------

RescuemexD
Neophyte
Member # 51090

Thats smart but.... what if the feelings dont go away what if i marry someone and then i accidently call him my teachers name?!!!

--------------------

RescuemexD
Neophyte
Member # 51090

Thats smart but.... what if the feelings dont go away what if i marry someone and then i accidently call him my teachers name?!

--------------------

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rescueme! Even though at the time, crushes like these can feel like they're going to last forever and you just can't do anything to get the feelings to leave, you'll find that that's really not the case. Just acknowledge that the feelings are common and there's nothing wrong with them and don't worry about or focus on them too much, and they'll eventually go away. It's incredibly unlikely that years and years from now a little crush like this will still be around [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

I think we can also figure that if you have feelings so strong about someone that you decide you want to make a lifetime commitment to them, they're going to seriously outweigh an early adolescent crush on a teacher.

And if it makes you feel better to just go ahead and go to this hypothetical, long-term relationships tend to benefit a LOT from laughter, so I think calling a long-term partner the name of your teacher from back when amorously would likely wind up being nothing but a good giggle for everyone involved.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.