Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » What is wrong here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is wrong here?
lilweirdo
Neophyte
Member # 51204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilweirdo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I'm a first-time poster. If there's another thread of this topic, feel free to let me know.

Anyway, I am in college and have only had two crushes in my life. Both have been guys, and neither was interested in me.

The problem is that lately, I don't seem to be getting crushes on anyone at all. In fact I don't even seem to be particularly attracted to anyone in particular.

I'm not asexual, though. It's not as if I don't desire a relationship with someone. I do. It's just that, when it comes to actually being attracted to someone and getting a crush on someone, that hasn't happened for me for a few years.

I've had "celebrity crushes" before. Mostly, this consists of me noticing some celebrity is kinda cute and squealing every time that celebrity appears on television. This is somewhat shallow and unsatisfying, though.

Because of this, I am very confused now. What's going on here and why aren't I getting crushes on people?

[ 12-29-2010, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: lilweirdo ]

Posts: 1 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We aren't always in areas or communities in which we find people to whom we are attracted, and if our bases of attraction is particularly narrow, that can be all the more common.

So, that's what I'd probably suggest evaluating first. Do you feel like you see the kind of people you'd tend to find yourself feeling attraction to in your day-to-day?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemoon
Neophyte
Member # 49674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlemoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go through long asexual phases that can last weeks or months or even years.
I don't know if it's hormonal or situational or what. Perhaps a combination.
It sounds like you are not crossing paths with the type of person you desire to be in a relationship with.

Posts: 10 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.