Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Bisexual Confusion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bisexual Confusion
Hater
Neophyte
Member # 45894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I finally came to terms with my homosexuality/bisexuality (I'm still not sure which) and I came out to my friends.
Thats not the whole reason I'm posting though. Theres this new girl at my school and we've become friends. She is a proud bisexual and I think she likes me. I don't know though so I was wondering if someone could help me figure it out. She likes to hold my hand sometimes (with inter-laced fingers), sit on my lap, and she once joked about kissing me, I really like her too actually so I was thinking I should maybe tell her how I feel but I'm really not sure if I should. Please help [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Not by wrath does one kill, but by laughter."
~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzche

Posts: 29 | From: Maryland | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to infer someone else's feelings and intentions from their actions is really no more than guesswork, and pretty useless in situations like these. However, what will get you an answer is simply asking. [Smile] If you've been spending a lot of time together, and you've both been open about your sexuality, it shouldn't be such a leap for you to ask whether she has feelings for you, or to disclose how you feel about her.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lozzab
Neophyte
Member # 46903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lozzab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she likes you and you like her well go for it! If she's your friend she will understand how you are feeling.
Posts: 6 | From: leeds, uk | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yakri
Activist
Member # 43206

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Yakri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just tell her you like her that way!

It worked out great for me. ^_^

Shuffling your feet putting off just getting it out and telling her will just make getting rejected hurt more if it happens, and not getting rejected less likely to happen.

Such has been my experience.

--------------------
Chin up and face the future, wonders beyond your wildest dreams await us!

Posts: 47 | From: Crescent city, CA. | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hater
Neophyte
Member # 45894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone, for the help. I really appreciate it and I'll certainly take your advice into consideration. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Not by wrath does one kill, but by laughter."
~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzche

Posts: 29 | From: Maryland | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julzy
Neophyte
Member # 48882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for julzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Abberkadabbers:
Okay, so I finally came to terms with my homosexuality/bisexuality (I'm still not sure which) and I came out to my friends.
Thats not the whole reason I'm posting though. Theres this new girl at my school and we've become friends. She is a proud bisexual and I think she likes me. I don't know though so I was wondering if someone could help me figure it out. She likes to hold my hand sometimes (with inter-laced fingers), sit on my lap, and she once joked about kissing me, I really like her too actually so I was thinking I should maybe tell her how I feel but I'm really not sure if I should. Please help [Big Grin]

all of that seems like shes just flirting for fun. at least she knows youre bi/gay and she knows shes teasing prolly.

--------------------
cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort, suffocation no breathing, dont give a f***k if i cut my arm bleeding.

Posts: 11 | From: charlotte | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.