Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Coming out for me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coming out for me
Monsterr
Neophyte
Member # 45500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monsterr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so heres my main problem... I need to come out my parents, I have 3 siblings and I have already told them that I am bisexual and they had all good reactions...which is great, only my Dad is not homophobic except he doesn't believe any of his kids could be, and he thinks it's a choice and is a basically pinning it on religion which is christian but thats not right in my eyes because I haven't found a true thing the bible where it outly says you should not be homosexual. My mom might be ok with it when I tell her and she will not freak out but I know she will be a little surprised for a while...anyways I am a little scared about their reactions and want to know if anyone has any tips for me or even if I should tell them yet,( I am 15). One of my sisters thinks its a phase but I don't feel that it is, and I might just be a lesbian but I do feel attracted to men as well. So I feel good with the bisexual label. anyways, anyone?
Posts: 3 | From: tx | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Monsterr,

You know, I don't think this is something that you need to rush to tell them, it sounds like you are pretty comfortable with who you are and that really is the most important thing. It's great that your siblings were supportive of you, and it is always a good thing to have some people who you can talk to who know and understand, if you feel like you would really like to have that with your parents then go ahead and tell them, but really if you are stressed or worried about doing it right now there is really no rush.

I have found that the people who really matter, while they might be surprised or even take a little while to deal, usually put aside their own feelings when they care about us and accept who we are, so long as we have confidence in ourselves and pride. So, do what feels good to you, when it feels like a good time to you it will be the right time.

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monsterr
Neophyte
Member # 45500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monsterr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thankyou, you know I think you are right I am comfortable with myself right now, and while it might be a little easier if my mom knew I should probably wait a little while.thanks so much. [Smile]
Posts: 3 | From: tx | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.