Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movies
tearsandlove
Neophyte
Member # 31265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tearsandlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I was just looking for some good lesbian movies, so anyone got any favorites to suggest?
Posts: 19 | From: Here | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temptationsgirl
Neophyte
Member # 40952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temptationsgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine me and You with Piper Perabo. Its an Awesome movie
Posts: 20 | From: usa | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine Me & You is great.

-When Night Is Falling (Canadian romance; circus performer/Christian college professor)

-Tipping the Velvet (3-part British miniseries based on the novel; enthralling)

-Kissing Jessica Stein (delightful; Jewish-American culture; funny.)

-Loving Annabelle (student/teacher romance at boarding school)

-High Art (heroin addiction, art magazine, great characters)

-If These Walls Could Talk 2 (glimpses of three different lesbian generations; Ellen Degeneres, Sharon Stone, Vanessa Redgrave and others)

-The Hours (lesbian characters more than lesbian movie; beautiful/honest/painful; one of my favorite novels too)

-Itty Bitty Titty Comittee (riot grrl feminist posse; fun)

-The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love (classic; young Laurel Holloman; sweet and memorable)

-But I'm a Cheerleader (very funny satire of homosexual conversion therapy; romance)

[ 11-09-2008, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: bluejumprope ]

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely second Imagine Me and You, and Kissing Jessica Stein. They're my all time ever favourite lesbian love stories. [Smile]

Another really good one's Boys on the Side. I'd also suggest The Color Purple and Fried Green Tomatoes, as well. Wonderful films.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tallia7793
Neophyte
Member # 39351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tallia7793         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a third vote for Imagine Me & You! <3

Better Than Chocolate had some cute moments, but overall not my favorite lesbian movie.

Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Puccini for Beginners was pretty cute, too. And Kissing Jessica Stein is just such a great movie. The script for that was amazing. (I'm one of those people who yells at movies a lot because I think the scripts are awful or the acting is awful, but with that movie, there was no yelling involved. [Smile] )

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kristintaylor
Neophyte
Member # 39023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kristintaylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also loved Imagine Me & You! It's hard to find in video stores, but you can get it on Netflix or you can watch it on Youtube.

--------------------
Vote for Equality, Vote No on Prop 8.

I'm volunteering with the campaign, join in at http://noonprop8.com

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I definitely second But I'm a Cheerleader, and I'll add D.E.B.S to the list. Both of them are light and funny with happy endings, something you don't often get with lesbian movies.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.