Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » queer dyke anxious about bisexual identity and sex with men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: queer dyke anxious about bisexual identity and sex with men
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a twenty year old butch queer girl. I've always been attracted to women. All of my relationships have been with women.

Beginning in my mid-teens, after I'd come out as gay, I also started fantasizing a lot about men.

In real life though many things about bio-males repulse me. The idea of kissing men grosses me out. The few times I've been sexual with boys felt strange and unpleasant and bad for me. But all of those times were with boys I was not at all turned on by, felt unsafe with and felt pressured to be with. I think under the right circumstances, with the right guy, I'd want to, but I have trouble even imagining that kind of relationship because of my gender identity.

Are there any primarily gay people out there that also have straight sex? How does that fit into your identity? Are there any queer women who have had good relationships with men? Are there bio-men who want to have sex with dykes and also understand and are turned on by their queer identities? I guess some of my fears are deep-seated cultural stuff--that only femme women are desirable to men so I have to suppress my butchness to be with men.

I've heard of some transguys who have bio-guy gay boyfriends but I don't know any butch dykes who have sex with bio-guys.

[ 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: bluejumprope ]

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can pretty much rest assured that, whatever your particular sexual and gender identity happens to be, there's going to be a few other people out there who feel the same. Sexual orientation and identity are incredibly varied, and they also fluctuate over the course of a lifetime, and there really isn't anything that's completely new and unheard of.

So, no, you're not alone. [Smile]

I'd also not worry about fitting into any sort of self-prescribed category to ensure being thought of as attractive by a given group. People are attracted to all sorts of things, and it's not true that males, as a group, prefer 'femme' women. You just can't make sweeping statements like that about a group that consists of 50% of the population.

Your best bet is to just be yourself and be comfortable with yourself. If you are happy and confident about who you are, you'll sooner or later find someone who likes you for exactly who you are.

Just from a personal perspective, in case that helps a little: I am female and I identify as queer. Amongst the people I've dated are a very feminine woman, a rather butch woman, a bisexual male and, my current partner, a straight, rather 'manly' male (so, there's the bio-man who quite enjoys being with dyke-y me). I've also had a huge crush on a FtM transgendered guy, and I used to write guy-on-guy slash fiction. All of that would probably make it difficult to fit me neatly into a box, but I'm quite happy being me, and that's all that matters. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.