Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » BDSM Questions/Issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BDSM Questions/Issues
mellisha
Neophyte
Member # 38173

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mellisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is possibly a bit strange, but I've been pondering some things lately. Because I've realised that I'm definitely pretty submissive and in to the whole BDSM thing - I like the idea of being tied up, cut and so forth.

But the thing is - I worry about the degree. Because for me, realistically I'd only want to keep it in the bedroom, not outside. Except that this is a problem, because it seems like most BDSM relationship are more intense than I can see myself doing/that I want to control it too much, to be submissive. Because I like being independent and I want to give up control on my terms as well. Is that wrong, in terms of BDSM relationships?

This would be hypothetical, but there's a girl whom I'm very interested in, who is definitely a dom and I'm trying to get all this clear in my head. Because I've always had this kinky side, but I've always been a bit ashamed/unsure of it.

[ 04-26-2008, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: mellisha ]

--------------------
"You don't have to understand here, to be here" (Life)

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it is wrong to want to be submissive only in terms of sex and not the rest of the relationship. A lot of BDSM experts will even say that it isn't healthy to keep up those roles of dominant and submissive in the rest of the relationship and that it should be limited to sex or to certain agreed upon aspects of the relationship. Really, you have the right to structure the BDSM aspect of the relationship to exist only in the bedroom if that's what you feel most comfortable with it, and if your partner refuses that and wants to make it be in all areas of the relationship or in more areas of the relationship than you feel comfortable with, then you have the right to say that's a deal breaker.

It might help to take a look at this article, too: Working the Kinks Out

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strawberrywine
Neophyte
Member # 37366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for strawberrywine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but I went through that issue (as well as others) when I recently came to terms with my interest in BDSM.

It's really, really hard to find reliable information, but I found this site http://www.xeromag.com/fvbdsm.html very helpful.

--------------------
"Who's to say that love needs to be soft and gentle?"
-Dr. Twardon (Secretary)

Posts: 28 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hinata's Girl
Neophyte
Member # 40289

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Hinata's Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When is the national Day of Silence?
I wannna orgonize to do somthing in my middle school...
also how would i organize it? [Confused]

--------------------
"My mom used to say to me; When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
Well, now that I'm older i just add Vodka"
-Buddy

Posts: 6 | From: The Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.