Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Long story, but what to do?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Long story, but what to do?!?!
Mass1gBewegt
Neophyte
Member # 36219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mass1gBewegt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so here goes:

When I was little, I experimented. I think everybody does a bit, only some more extreme than others. I had a best friend, also a girl, and we kissed a lot and got into a habit of 'exploring each other' and touching and i really really loved it. Like, whenever she came over I couldnt wait.
I had another friend who i visited when I was 11 and we ended up kissing. a lot. with a lot of touching.

Both friends came out as bi within the last 5 years. We're all 18 now, but when I visited the neighbourhood and we got talking about our 'hookups' none of us were interested in each other anymore.

So now, im in my new town. have been for five years. Ive had a boyfriend for 10 months, and he was the first boy I ever kissed. I have several bi friends, and while one had admitted she thinks im "hot as hell," we both have boyfriends.

My issue is that while I love my boyfriend to death, and dont notice other guys much anymore, I cant help ut nootice girls everywhere. A lot of my friends, ill be walking next to them and want to take their hand. I'll just want to kiss them. I'll hear about two of them hooking up and really with i'd been there.

So I know I'm bi. however, ive only identified as 'bi-curious' to a bi curious friend and the bi friend who thinks im hot. theyre the only people ive told. the majority of my friends are straight, and some are hobophobic, which worries me. I dont want to tell anyone, especially my boyfriend, because ill worry about how theyll react. But i feel bad about m boyfriend because i feel like im not being entirely honest with him.

help?!?!

Posts: 6 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sundial
Activist
Member # 37371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sundial     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that if you're not ready to talk to your boyfriend about this yet, you don't have to. (As long as you are following whatever agreement you two have about dating other people etc.)
Orientation and identity can be fluid and can change over time, and it's up to you to decide how you identify. Have you looked at these articles? the bees and the bees and I think I might be bisexual

Posts: 47 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.