Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I'm ready, but how?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm ready, but how?
The Wonderer
Member # 29145

Icon 10 posted      Profile for The Wonderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After an extremely long time, I've decided to come out fully and completely. Right now, my parents and two best friends know that I'm gay and have known for the past two years.

I've reached the point that I'm ready to tell my sister and the rest of my friends (by word of mouth, I guess therefore everyone).

I have gotten to the point in my mind where I am out and stuff, but I haven't really thought of HOW exactly I am going to do it.

I was thinking having all of my friends that I see on a regular basis ('bout 10) over and tell them directly.

I don't know exactly.

Do you have any advice? What did you do? or what ideas do you have?

Posts: 30 | From: Florida, US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just a quick suggestion- have you read over some of the other threads on coming out here on the boards? There are tons and tons of suggestions and ideas there. [Smile]

Here's a few from the FAQ: )

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.