Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Am I Bisexual or a Lesbian?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I Bisexual or a Lesbian?
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody,

So, as I've stated in the past, I identify as a bisexual. But lately I've been rumenating about whether or not I'm actually a bisexual. To be more specific: whenever I fantasize I always imagine myself with a woman. At times, I've tried to envision myself with a man, but it doesn't really have an affect on me. I know that to be bisexual, it doesn't really matter which gender your attracted to more. But lately I haven't really be attracted to guys. Do I notice if a guy is cute? Sure! But I'm not necessarily turned on by him.

At a young age, I guess you could say I was boy-crazy. I always had these crushes, and I would have the typical dreams of marriage and children. But my first ever recollection of being turned on by a woman was when I was like 11. Ever since then, I've been quite conflicted with my emotions. Am I gay? Am I bi? Am I just going through a 'phase'?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Lauren

Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you're whatever you want to call yourself! People really beat themselves unnecessarily over fitting into neat little boxes; somehow convinced that if they step out, they'll get a limb smashed by a conveyor belt. There are plenty of lesbians with boyfriends, gays with gals, and everything in between.

Much of sexual preferences are a "phase" -- it doesn't make what you're feeling invalid as the wording "just a phase" makes it sound. Rather, it's because sexual preferences, desires, etc are constantly changing and evolving, and sometimes it can be hard to select a new label to head every one off at the pass.

So, pick a label, any label. Or, ditch them altogether and go with liking who you like. The choice is entirely yours. :)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.