Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » bi or not? Now I'm just confused!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bi or not? Now I'm just confused!
Spectral Dream
Neophyte
Member # 36023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spectral Dream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So lately I've been confused because I just recently realized I might be bi. At first I was not sure but after thinking about it it made my life to seem to make alot more sence. I felt like I must have always been bi. For years I've been blocking off thoughts of having any attraction to girls but now it seems okay to think a girl is cute and want to kiss and etc. Then I did not feel so confused anymore.

But now I'm confused all over again because I've realized I'm not really sexually attracted to girls. I really like the idea of kissing, cuddling, making out, and having a relationship with a girl but the idea of fingering completely turns me off. But with guys I'm both romantically and sexually attracted to them. I'm not ready for sex with guys but the idea of it does not turn me off.

So if I'm not sexually attracted to girls am I straight or am I bi?

Peace&Love
Bunny

Posts: 3 | From: us | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spectral Dream
Neophyte
Member # 36023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spectral Dream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops I didn't mean to post this twice
is there some way I can delete one?

Posts: 3 | From: us | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NaiveIntellectual
Neophyte
Member # 36043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NaiveIntellectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've seen, you can't delete it, a mod will come around eventually to though.

On your confusion: At this point, it seems your really just hitting an issue of semantics.

Most 'average' people would probably say you are bisexual if they knew you were romantically attracted to both men and women. However, your description of your relationship towards women seems to be more romantic than sexual by what you have said.

If you define sexuality by purely sexual attraction, then I suppose you are heterosexual. If you do it by attraction in general, then you would likely want to use the title bisexual.

In the end though, it is just a label, to call yourself heterosexual or bisexual are both completely valid. I would suggest you just choose whatever one you identify or like most (it seems like bisexual in your case).

Also, if its only an issue of fingering turning you off, are you sure it is just that you do not enjoy one sexual act instead of a lack of sexual attraction to women in general? Its similar to the idea of vaginal intercourse being the 'end goal' in heterosexual relationships. Its assumed, but not necessarily true. Maybe you just like different forms of intercourse with women than men?

Just throwing that out there, I obviously know less about your situation than you, but I wanted to put the idea forward.

Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Got the other thread, no worries.)

Have you seen the Kinsey scale? It gives a broader view than just homo/hetero/bi and might give you some context.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.