Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » a question about same-sex crushes...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a question about same-sex crushes...
locked-within-the-secret
Neophyte
Member # 35753

Icon 7 posted      Profile for locked-within-the-secret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heya! Just wondering... Do you have to be attracted to woman you know personally to know your orientation? Because i havn't really found the right girl for me yet... but i know for a fact that i am attracted to girls, because i have had big crushes on female actors ( i have got a crush on one at the moment lol) [Wink] i am a girl too, and i am comfortable to say that i am bisexual [Smile] but some people think that crushes on actors don't 'count', and you only know when you are attracted to the same-sex when you like someone you know personally. i don't agree with this, because i know that what i feel, when i have a crush on a woman, is real [Smile] what do you all think? sorry for the long post lol [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassieopiea
Neophyte
Member # 35770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassieopiea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that, to properly determine your sexual orientation, you'd need to know how you'd feel about crushing on women that are "in your range." I hate to say that, but fantasizing about women that you'll realistically never be with (unless you're a celebrity yourself, in which case I apologize) doesn't give you a clear idea of how you'd react in a real situation. I know that I always thought of myself as straight until I met the girl of my dreams, and knew right away that "just friends" wouldn't be enough. Look around your LGBT community for chances to meet other girls that you could have a real relationship with.

Pax

--------------------
Where did you leave your baby bleeding in her bed? Her ghost has come to stay.. Oh, you can try, you can't chase her away

Posts: 17 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danda
Neophyte
Member # 37517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i admire you for saying that u dont agree with that and that you know for sure what you like and how u feel...

on the otherside i would like you to know that cassieopiea makes a good point...

im 15 and ive recently realized that im bisexual (or gay i still dont know for sure)... i had crushes on female actresses but i didnt though it was real... i just thought that was normal for straight girls...

ive developed reallyy strong feelings for one of my best friends and that is when i realized that i WAS Bi... maybe it does make a difference if you know that girl-crush personally, i havent told anyone nothing yet for fear of rejection and for fear of loosing their friendship or support.

Posts: 15 | From: mexico | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.