Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I Have So Much On My Mind! - Long Post, Sorry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Have So Much On My Mind! - Long Post, Sorry
RaindropsKeepFalling
Neophyte
Member # 35685

Icon 11 posted      Profile for RaindropsKeepFalling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all I think about my sexuality 24/7 I'm pretty sure I'm gay if not Bi but definatley not strait!

Plus my friends are starting to catch on a bit. Their always saying "You need a man" and asking me if I'm gay and it's stressing me out. And I havent spoken to my best friend for about 3 months because I feel so attracted to her!

And to top it off. I can't tell anyone; I've moved to an arabic country (Where homosexualiy is frowned apon) I don't know to tell my parents I know they'd understand because my Dad's bro came out. But my brother...Homofobic.

I know this is a long post but phew I needed to express this. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I might lose it with all this stress!

Posts: 15 | From: - | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read through our Gaydar section on the main site? I think these articles will be particularly helpful:
The Bees and...the Bees: A Homosexuality and Bisexuality Primer
Don't Let the Door Hit You on the Way Out

A couple of quick notes:
1. You are by no means alone. If you poke around the forums you'll find many other people who are also trying to figure their out their sexualities. Try not to stress too much -- a label is only as important as you want it to be.

2. Is it possible to come out to your parents and ask them not to mention it to your brother until you're ready? What about some friends from where you used to live? It's always nice to have some supportive people to talk to when we're working stuff out but it can certainly be done without a huge community.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashiya
Neophyte
Member # 35763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashiya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oks first off i think you should first talk to the person who u think would take this better. then they could help you decide how to tell others and so its not all just on you. and idk if u are close to your brother or like the siblings that always fight. but if you think he will take it bad then dont just tell him quite yet. i think its better for you to gradually let people know and not just suddenly burst out and say it.

--------------------
Live life to the fullest, laugh as much as u can, cry if u need to, and enjoy the people you love as long as forever.

Posts: 15 | From: troubled places | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.