Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » i need help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i need help
sweetypie21
Neophyte
Member # 31882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetypie21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you ask anyone about me, they will tell you i am this boy crazy perverted person. Well the truth is that i like guys, but i also think i like girls to. I have looked at girls and like "cheaked them out" but with Homophobic family and friends i have always told myself " you cant be gay" about 2 months ago at a party a girl that i knew was lesbian showed up, and i knew that i wanted to experiment . I did, and after it happend i was scared so i just told myself i did it just because i was drunk. Then about a month later one of my friends whom i have known forever and is Bi i told about what had happend that night. She told me " i have always known you were gay" and we started kissing. since then we have gotten closer, And things have gone past kissing. I like being with her, and when im not with her i miss her and think about her. I still am attracted to guys very much though. Things are so hard, and knowing that if anyone finds out, they would all hate me does not help. Do you think i am really Bisexual? the friend that i have been fooling around with is not the first person to tell me, a girl that i met a year ago whom is gay i told about this and she told me " i could tell you were gay" Can Homosexual people really tell if someone else is gay? What should i do about everything?
Posts: 37 | From: new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're attracted to both men and women, which it sounds like you are, bisexual is usually an appropriate label. Not that you need to label yourself; sexuality is fluid and can change over time so if you don't want to try to nail yourself down with a label that just fine.

These articles go into more detail about sexual orientation and might answer a few questions for you:
The Bees and...the Bees: A Homosexuality and Bisexuality Primer
Bi the Dozen: A Bisexuality Quiz

And no, queers cannot automatically recognize fellow queers. [Smile] At best, our friends can see things we can't because they aren't so close to the situation.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hijol
Neophyte
Member # 31877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hijol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think you are a bisexual...since you like girls and guys sexually, and you've also...am I correct...done girls, too?

Have you ever done a guy? In my opinion, you are a bisexual, I'm sorry. You can end up turning heterosexual, and gradually disliking girls sexually, I don't know, lol. But it's fine to be a bi, it's a part of who you are.

If you sexually like a girl and a guy, and has had sex with BOTH genders, I would consider you a bi.

--------------------
Does true love exist?

Posts: 32 | From: Earth | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetypie21
Neophyte
Member # 31882

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sweetypie21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea i guess i am bi then, i dont know it scares to think that i am sometimes. Yes i have had sex with both girls and guys, more with guys but then again this attraction to females is jsu comming out.
Posts: 37 | From: new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you sexually like a girl and a guy, and has had sex with BOTH genders, I would consider you a bi.

You know, there's no need for people to have had sex with anyone at all before they can know what their orientation is.

It's not like we expect people to "try both" before allowing them to identify as gay/lesbian or straight, after all.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetypie21
Neophyte
Member # 31882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetypie21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea i understand that, but i also knwo that i have in the the back of my head liked girls for a long time well atleast been attracted to them.
Hijol
Neophyte
Member # 31877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hijol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loggic Girl, true enough. I'm just saying that since she actually liked to bang both genders, it is related to bisexuality.

Sweetypie, do you also love your boyfriend very much? If you actually dislike guys, you might a be a straight out lesbian. If you like both guys and girls (sexually), then of course I would consider that as a bisexual. But hey, it's all good. [Smile]

--------------------
Does true love exist?

Posts: 32 | From: Earth | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetypie21
Neophyte
Member # 31882

i dont currently have a bf, umm i am attracted to guys and i do mess around with both sexes. But i dont know girls just make me feel more comfortable and plus hey they kiss better and know what i want more.
Hijol
Neophyte
Member # 31877

Then most likely you're a bi.

Do you REALLY like guys too? Or do you just like girls? I know some people who just like men (they are men) but they say they like girls. They just don't want to admit that they're homosexual or anything. I'm just saying...i'm not referring you as a lesbian or anything. Most chances, you are a bi.

--------------------
Does true love exist?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Is there a reason you're grilling sweetypie21, Hijol? Not sure if that's what you intend, but it's reading that way at this point.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hijol
Neophyte
Member # 31877

Oh no, of course not. I would never intend to "grill" sweetypie. I'm just trying to help her, and I MAY not be helping her at all, but I'm actually trying to help.

From your definition, do you define grill as...disliking someone, or staring at them in a hate-ish way, or is it something else.

I don't mean anything bad. I'll read what I wrote.

--------------------
Does true love exist?

danda
Neophyte
Member # 37517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree with heather ... hijol u seem like u want to put a label in sweetypie..

i have accepted myself as bi recently (havent come out to anyone i know personally yet)
but u dont have to label yourself sweetypie...
i have learned in this site that people shouldnt obsses over labels and that if u r bi you can like one gender more than the other at times and those kinds of things...

as i have heard here: sexuality is fluid

Posts: 15 | From: mexico | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.