Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I think that Im bi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think that Im bi
coconutgonecrazy
Neophyte
Member # 31331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coconutgonecrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not sure if I like girls or not. I always say that I am 70% straight and 30% not but its confusing. I know for sure that I like guys but since I was pretty young (10 yrs old) I have been confused. It all started w/ my best friend (whom I haven't talked to in forever) well she taught me how to kiss. I dont care if a girl kisses me but I can't really imagine myself going out with a girl.
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coconutgonecrazy
Neophyte
Member # 31331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coconutgonecrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also, I think I have a girl crush right now on one of my friends, whenever I am near her I just want to touch her and flirt with her... I just found out one of my friends has the same feelings for her (along w/ 50 guys)
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
coconut, here are some articles from our main site for starters:
http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/basics.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/biquiz.html

You could be bi (or not.) Bisexuality is basically being attracted (sexually, emotionally, etc.) to both males and females in whatever percentage. And based on your crushes (which can also be platonic), it sounds like it could apply to you.

Since you say you can't imagine yourself going out with a girl (at this point in your life at least), I say don't worry about it too much (not that you ever have to choose a label.) And just enjoy the crush on your friend: if you want it to become something more, that's another topic, but I don't see it being an issue.

To speak from personal experience, I also had a crush on a female friend when I was pretty young and questioned my sexuality over the years, without doing too much thinking about it. In high school I also put the guy-girl attraction at 70/30% respectively. However, I wasn't really interested in pursuing something with women until afterwards. Probably based a lot on being willing to deal with the extra societal pressures that come along with being queer (and having a lot of crushes on guys.)

Would you be interested in actually acting on your feelings for this friend?

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brantskibabyhayley32
Neophyte
Member # 31587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brantskibabyhayley32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when im around my bestfriend too.
i feel like i want/need to touch her.
why is thatt? funny question but seriously..

Posts: 2 | From: united states | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hijol
Neophyte
Member # 31877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hijol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey coconut, sorry to post a question in your topic, I just don't wanna make a new topic. I know, I'm a lazy bum.

Okay, well...I have some problems. Basically I'm a male, and I like girls. Really. I'm just saying I get all tingling, excited, and get the feeling like oo00hoooo she's hot and sexy. And I really mean it, and it's basically a crush.

Other times, I just see random males on the street and inside, I'm just like, hey that guy is pretty "cool" looking. Cool is the best word for it. Or like if a guy younger than me or about the same age is pretty petite, I would like to call it, and I think about it that way. BUT, I feel no sexual tension as to have sex, or to touch, or have any physical sexual contact with a guy.

And also, I DON'T WANT TO BE BISEXUAL.

Are most chances I'm straight? I want children when I grow up, and start a family with a wife.

I might make this into a topic sometime later.

Merry Christmas.

--------------------
Does true love exist?

Posts: 32 | From: Earth | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
brantskibabyhayley32, while it's fine for you to have feelings for a friend, unless you know that those feelings are reciprocated (especially anything sexual in nature), it'd be best not to act on them unexpectedly. If you know your friend is bisexual or a lesbian or interested in you in that way, you can approach it with a better idea of what might result. But letting a heterosexual friend know you like her "like that" by getting physical first may not be appreciated at all.

Hijol, finding people of the same sex does not have to mean you desire them sexually. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I can see a gorgeous woman while walking down the street and sigh over how perfectly lovely she is without wanting to jump in the sack with her. Appreciating the beauty in the people (and the world) around you won't on its own "make" you bisexual, truly.

[ 12-19-2006, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: faifai ]

--------------------
disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.