Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I want some opinions to help...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want some opinions to help...
BrokenDollyBella
Neophyte
Member # 31103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrokenDollyBella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...so like A month-month and a half ago...Me and this guy I was in love with broke up.

He had abandoned me for three weeks to stay with his cousin and one of their friends. He had a cush on the friend.

Well I didn't hear from him for 18 days and hadn't seen him in a month+. When he gets back, he says that he is gay. It really hurt. Alot. The guy I was in love with, was now taking back everything about being in love with me, all because I was a girl. I also don't want you to get the wrong Idea. I wasn't bitter because he was gay, that wasn't what upset me. According to him I was his "last ditch effort" at being into girls. In my opinion you don't jeopardize your best friends feelings like that if you really care about them. I was crushed.

Of course things weren't quite the same. It was too painful for me. Well a week into the new school year he calls and aparently he's bi again, and wants to date me. I said no. I told him he had had his chance and had blown it. I wasn't going through that all again.

His explanation was that he had been confused becuase he spent so much time around the boy that he had a crush on.

I don't talk to my ex anymore, not for the whole break up thing, the reason why I have ceased contact with him is another story altogether that holds no relevance to this particular issue.

Why I am posting is I'm wanting some peoples opinions.

My parents and family members feel that he is in fact gay.

While a few of my friends maintain that they thought he was confused.

I want to know what you people feel the case is.

Is it common for confusion such as this?

Also it is notable, that he only ever talked about other boys. I was the only girl he talked about being attractive. He had never had a heterosexual sex dream in his life. It was always boys.

I just....I want to know what other people think. I'm hoping someone has been through a similar situation and can give me some insight so that I can try to heal and move on from this painful time in my life.

Could somebody please help?

<3ella

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalinacisne
Activist
Member # 27839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalinacisne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of whether he's bi, gay, straight, crooked, whatever, you don't want to date him, and that's enough of a reason not to. I'm not sure if your friends are telling you he's confused in order for you guys to get together, but if they are, too bad for them.

But yes, this sort of confusion is very normal when someone's figuring out "what" they are, and I'm sorry you had to get caught in the crossfire.

--------------------
amawesome - (adj.) a combination of 'amazing' and 'awesome,' usually by someone who has tied on a few too many. Ex: No, dude, listen! I like, luv ya man! I mean, you're like, amawesome!

Posts: 65 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrokenDollyBella
Neophyte
Member # 31103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrokenDollyBella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. Nobody wants us back together. Everybdoy dislikes him because he mistreated me, in other ways.

Thank you for your input. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.