Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » not her "type"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not her "type"
InKeepingSecrets
Neophyte
Member # 30788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InKeepingSecrets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so yeah. i'm bi. i've liked this girl for quite a while now. she's a lesbian. but i'm not her "type". i'm not quite sure what is though. she's dated girls like me times before. we hang out a lot and she really wants a relationship, just not with me.. well as of last night she has a girlfriend which is cool. i mean go her. it makes her happy so that makes me happy i guess. but she's not one to just jump into a full relationship and all. she usually takes it slow. but she's been "dating" this girl for like 24 hours and they're all over eachother already. well we all hung out tonight and they were kinda just sittin there together mindin their own business, kissin and stuff. it hurts so bad to see her do that. even though we have nothing but a half hearted friendship between us. it was really bad. i was just wondering if anyone else has been through this. if so how did you guys handle it? i'm a pretty emotional person and this just kills me.

[ 09-23-2006, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: InKeepingSecrets ]

--------------------
Peace, Love, Empathy

Posts: 17 | From: Pa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In any of our lives, it's pretty unlikely we'll NOT have a time where we're attracted to someone who isn't attracted to us back. Or, where the type of relationship you want with someone isn't the type they want with you.

This is the case no matter your (or their) orientation.

Never fun, no mater what, but it'll happen to everyone.

And now and then, we meet someone who isn't in our pattern, with whom we break all our "rules." So, she's with someone who she's behaving differently with. Happens. Again, not fun when YOU want to be that person, but it's how it goes.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InKeepingSecrets
Neophyte
Member # 30788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InKeepingSecrets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks... it just hurts soo bad.
Posts: 17 | From: Pa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ceri
Neophyte
Member # 30521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Miz Scarlet said it'll happen to everyone. It hurts but there isn't much you can do about it. Try taking your mind of it. Meditating helps me but it might not work for you. Do you have other friends? Start hanging out more with them just to give yourself something else to focus on. Remember that life will go on and that there are many more wonderful people out there who you haven't met yet, and don't worry you'll probably have plenty of chances for relationships in the future.

*hugs* Trust me, it will get better, not always right away but eventually. Feel better.

Posts: 21 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InKeepingSecrets
Neophyte
Member # 30788

thanks guys. you're awesome.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.