Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Terrible rumours.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terrible rumours.
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpimconfuzzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i have just been told by a girl from my school that there is a rumour going around that I'm gay. she says that her friend overheard someone talking about. so she came to me to ask me. I talked to friends about it and they say it was none of them and I trust them. they are too good a bunch of friends. This girl kept asking and I eventually denied it. I feel bad for doing this but I go to an all girls school and they are quite "ooo you must be in love with me if your gay", so I was worried about being "gay-bashed". I feel really paranoid and upset because everywhere in school there could be someone talking about me. I dont know what to do. I know i havent asked a question but I was wondering if anyone had any comments?
x x

Posts: 91 | From: uk | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AB
Activist
Member # 29608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That happened to me, when I "came out".
I told my best friend, who I totally trust, and he said I was brave for telling him and he accepted me and everything.
Then he turned around and told everyone, which made me feel awful.
Well, for a week or two every girl was avoiding me and making fun of me, and it really sucked.
Yeah, I don't think this world will ever be rid of homophobics, as it will never be rid of racists; most likely.
In high school, this stuff happens, but people get over it. No one at my school cares anymore, but it helped me to go talk to my guidance counsellor when I was being picked on.
You should have a guidance counsellor at your school, and it's completely confidential. All I did was go there and talk. She didn't really ask me questions or anything, I just talked. And it felt good to get stuff off my chest.
I dunno, that's a suggestion, since I tried reasoning with kids, but the dullards see no reason.
They'll grow out of the immaturity eventually, and just hang in there and try to ignore them. It makes things worse to insult them back.

Anyway, I hope I helped. [Smile]
Good luck with school and everything, and just ignore the ignorant creeps.

--------------------
"think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a f***ing sharp knife to it."
- banksy

Posts: 58 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you feel that you are being harassed, take it to school officials. Otherwise, my advice is to be like a duck and just let it roll off your back. Honestly, if these people are so weird about it, they're not worth your time or energy.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpimconfuzzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to both of you, none of my friends have told anyone. i have yet to talk to one of them but i hope she didnt say anything. I'm kind of a school counsillor myself. me anda few of my friends and other kids are a group of people called mediators and we help the lower school with problems, no-one ever comes but we have the training and things. I think there are mentors and thinga but i dont feel comfortable talking to them as im really paranoid that everyone will know if i mention it. so thats why i come here to scarleteen. Me and my best friend are trying to find a gay youth club for support and meeting other gay people but i havent found anything yet.
Posts: 91 | From: uk | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joyfulgirl
Activist
Member # 29302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joyfulgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you should check out the support group thread on bullying that i started. i don't know how to link it in this post, sorry. i had a similar experiance in middle school that got very extreme. best of luck with this, and i hope that you have people who are supportive of you.

--------------------
"they say you can bear anythng if you can tell a story about it."

-sue monk kidd
the mermaid chair

Posts: 50 | From: western massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

thanks Ill check it out [Smile]
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure where in the UK you're located but this article might help point you to an organization near you: http://uk.gay.com/article/4506 It's set up a bit awkwardly so be sure you look at all three pages.

If it doesn't help and you're comfortable with it, post a more specific location and I'll see what I can find.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Thanks for that, ill have a look for one close to me over the weekend. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.