Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I think im a lesbian.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think im a lesbian.
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Icon 5 posted      Profile for helpimconfuzzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the past month or so, I've started to have really strong feelings for one of my best friends, we get on so well and I'm falling for her.

I was 15 last month and she is almost 15.

I think about her when i wake up, when i see her at school, when i dont see her at school, when i come home, basically every waking moment. I fantasise about what it would be like between us, and i just feel like kissing her all the time.

It makes me cry when i know we can't be together as I think she is straight, everytime a goodlooking guy goes by all my other friends including her stare and talk about him. I just stand there looking clueless. I guess some guys are attractive...

I have had one boyfriend but he just wanted to fool around, and i may have enjoyed it , but when i look back i know i wasnt in love and it makes me feel ashamed to know I went out with him because he was horrible , no personality and ugly.

I've spoken to an online friend of mine who is a lesbian, and she told me that ill know in time, but I can't wait any longer, i just need to know, and i want her so bad that it makes me cry.

Please Help. x

[Confused]

Posts: 91 | From: uk | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it makes me feel ashamed to know I went out with him because he was horrible , no personality and ugly.
Well, that doesn't say much about your orientation so much as it speaks to you choosing to be with someone who, either then or in hindsight, you didn't like. There are likely women you could feel that way about as well.

Sexuality is fluid, and adolescence is a big time of sexual development. So, it's unusual enough NOT to know for a while, because you are still developing. It might be worth asking yourself what you feel knowing your orienation, without any doubt, would ultimately change. You may find that some of those things are things you can address now regardless.

Knowing whether you're lesbian or not, for instance, probably won't make you feel any less torn or confused about how you feel about your best friend. Lesbian or no, that's a heady, intense situation, and one where you're bound to have some conflicting feelings, because one doesn't want to lose a friendship, because it's hard for anyone to have feelings that aren't being returned, and a big, intense crush can be tough on everyone.

Truth is, you probably, like anyone else, will just have to give this time, per sexual orientation, and just feel it out, as the years go by. Even within just a few short years, you'll probably feel a whole lot more clear on the issue, per whether you feel straight, bisexual or lesbian.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpimconfuzzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks.
Posts: 91 | From: uk | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetMeBeHappy
Neophyte
Member # 28882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LetMeBeHappy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i first though i was bi it was quite scary and i was confused too. I know exactly what ure going through, as I have had similar experiances in the past. have you had any other crushes (even little ones) on any other female?

--------------------
*I died in my dreams reaching out for your hand my fatal desire*

My orientation is just another part of me, let me live, let me be, i am the same person you knew only happier.

Posts: 37 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpimconfuzzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I had a small one on my other friend.

Guess what guys, my dad was surfing the net ony my computer, went into the history folder to find something he went on previously and he came across the post that I had made here....
I found this out because he came to my school and he told him me he knew, and he just talked to me for a while, he said he was happy for me and everything and if i ever needed a chat that he was there for me, it was really sweet =) Of course I was upset but also a little relieved.

LetMeBeHappy
Neophyte
Member # 28882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LetMeBeHappy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aw thats great!! congrats [Smile]

--------------------

My orientation is just another part of me, let me live, let me be, i am the same person you knew only happier.

Posts: 37 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Thanks, im slowly coming to the conclusion that Im either bi or lesbian, my mum made me real upset today, we were talking about Big Brother and then she gave a huge talk about how gay people are wrong, and if i was ever a lesbian shed be ok, but would steer me the other way, it made me almost cry, but ah well.
LetMeBeHappy
Neophyte
Member # 28882

oh dear that terrible, thats why i'm terrified to tell my parents as I don't know what they think about bisexuals and lesbians...am sure she'll come round [Smile]

--------------------

helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Thanks =) i really want to tell one of my friends.. but i dont know.
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

the girl i liked slept over my house last night, obviously as friends. we saw a film together and i just wanted to cuddle up to her. on the way back we were discussing lesbianism for some reason (dont remember why) and i asked her what she would do if i was lesbian, she said she wouldnt mind really, wouldnt treat me differently and she said the other friends would feel bad because ever since my birthday (2 months ago) they made a joke about me being a weak lesbian, little do they know now is that I have basically come to the decision that I am a lesbian, my friend also said that she couldnt see me as a lesbian but she was only going at the sterotypical version, i really dont find guys attractive very much, but i see a lot of attractive girls.
I want to tell my other best friend but i dont know really what to say.....

helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

well, i told my parents I was gay, my mum didnt like it at first, but she said she doesnt mind, after telling them i had doubts wether i did the riht thing, but then, talking to my friend on MSN i realised that this is who I am.
thanks all for your help.
x x x

Aweesha wuvs you
Neophyte
Member # 30384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aweesha wuvs you     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im a bisexual lol well um give me an email on [address deleted] L8erz

Sorry, Aweesha, but Scarleteen does not allow users to post email addresses due to safety reasons. However, you, helpimconfuzzled, and any others are more than welcome to chat and discuss GLBTQ issues on the Boards, such as this thread. [Smile] ~Ecofem

[ 08-19-2006, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

--------------------
Aweesha

Posts: 1 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.