Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I have a crush on my best friend.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a crush on my best friend.
Tymamma
Neophyte
Member # 21604

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tymamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a crush on my best friend. Ive known her for 2 years, and have been her best friend for just as long. I wont go into techics, but she is beautiful. Of course being the kind of girl she is, she thinks she is ugly. And I dont like telling the girl how beautiful she is, because its Awkward for both of us. I already kno that the girl would think its wierd that i liked her, because she dosent say anything if i say something about her she just switches topics. Its really strange, becuase the person who knows that i have a crush on her (who is her other best friend) thinks that the girl knows that i have a crush on her. I flirt with the girl all the time. Ive had dreams about her, but they werent your typical dreams about romance. Just us hanging out. I guess i want to kno, do i tell her? or do i wait untill were older (were both 15)I am really confused about this and my other firend says it would creep her out. Feel free to email me or post.
Posts: 4 | From: Nashua, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darrin
Neophyte
Member # 21607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I know the way girls think, then I would say her other best friend told her already that you have a crush on her. She probably knows and changes the subject because, yes, it is a bit awkward. However, that doesn't mean you should give up any hope. If her other friend says it would creep her out, then she probably has discussed it with her already. You can never be too sure.

I always tend to think nice converstations will get out what you need, if not solve what needs to be. So if you think the time is right perhaps you should talk to her. I wouldn't wait much longer, you could miss your chance all together.. I would know, waiting can be a real burden, and if you do miss that chance you could regret it. Nothing can hurt from trying... If you are confused about this, make sure she knows that you are on loose ground, and you'd just like to get your footing stable. Don't be shy, but don't be overwhelming. You could indeed creep her out just by saying too much or going into great detail.

I probably can't give much more advice on this topic, so wait for Miz Scarlet to come around. And don't do anything until Miz Scarlet confirms some things I may have said (if you agree) I would hate to mislead anyone.

Posts: 5 | From: Richfield, Ohio, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tymamma
Neophyte
Member # 21604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tymamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, your advice was really great. Im not sure if i ever will tell her, but i wanted to kno if I should. It seems recently that our friendship is on unstable ground, so i wanted to be sure that we were still close or no onger friends when i told her. But who knows what the comming weeks will bring for me.

------------------
The sad truth, people with lots of friends are liked the most,

but people with no friends...want to be liked the most

Chelsea

Posts: 4 | From: Nashua, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just as a gentle FYI, Darrin, it's usually not a good idea to make generalizations such as "how girls think." It's really hard to speak for other people, and it's often considered rude to lump an entire category of people together in terms of "how they [all] think." )

------------------
Tim, as in "Donate"

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me... and I'm feeling good."

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jethreau'shumblewife
Activist
Member # 17147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jethreau'shumblewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dude_who_writes is awesome

------------------
would you forgive me, love, if I danced in your shower?

Posts: 59 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
N
Neophyte
Member # 20990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for N         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's really natural to have a crush on your best friend -- after all, sexual feelings aren't in some separate universe from feelings of friendship. I know I did at one time, and I have at least two friends who have.

In each case it was unrequited. Well, that's OK too. Just don't push, and indicate that your friendship is more important than anything else, and everything should be OK.

Posts: 37 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.