Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » love triangle: guy, girl, girl..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: love triangle: guy, girl, girl..
reXclusive
Neophyte
Member # 18871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reXclusive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Thought I'd give this a shot and if someone ends up reading this.. well, thank you. Ok, so here's my problem..

I've had a crush on this girl ever since September. Just some girl I've admired from afar for months in school! [I'm 19 by the way]. Finally, after 9 months, we're actually friends now. I just started hanging out with her.. you know.. trying to get to know each other and whatever. We saw two movies together and we had lunch together at Wendy's.. you know.. just the typical hanging out thing. One day in my room, I actually came out to her and I asked her, "Oh, how about you.. are you straight?" she actually said that she's "bi-curious" and I said something.. "ohh.. hahah.. it's just kinda funny 'cause.. you're straight, but confused.." and she agreed and laughed along with me. So yea, I don't know whether she was being serious or not. Recently though, I just found out that my best friend [a guy] likes her too. But damn it, I saw her first! It's sad.. 'cause the fact that he's a guy.. he actually has a better chance with her. My guy friend even knows that I liked her wayyy, wayy in the beginning. So right now, I don't know what to do. I really, really like this girl and.. yea. Oh yea, she's actually going through some rough times now 'cause she just recently broke up with her bf since she found out that he was cheating on her with two other girls. So yea, it's really confusing.. what do you guys think I should do? If anyone DID read this.. THANK YOU! and I would really appreciate any advice you can give me..
thanks again! =)

Posts: 3 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like shince she's just had a rough breakup, she needs time on her own right now when it comes to dating, is what.

Times of crisis or healing aren't really times not only to date someone new, but all the more so when it comes to dating someone of a gender one never has before.

So, maybe you AND your male friend can give her the time she needs right now, sans sex or dating.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually been in a very similar situation, only with the genders reversed. The girl got the guy, and I talked to my psychiatrist about increasing my anti-depressant dosage.

If you are brave, I would recommend talking about this with the guyfriend first. Does he know about her break up, and if he does will that affect what he does? Giving her some time to regain her composure can't hurt.

Also, just because your friend is a guy doesn't necessarily mean he has a better chance (although it probably does). This girl may not like him at all, one never knows.

I do understand how frustrating this can be, and I hope it all turns out ok.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reXclusive
Neophyte
Member # 18871

Icon 7 posted      Profile for reXclusive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Scarlet and Gaffer, thanks for your help and if anything happens.. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!
Posts: 3 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.